News Calls intensify for Jones to be stripped, DJ weighs in. Blaydes says Jones is all talk, he and Tom are fighting for the real belt.

Jones would obliterate Blaydes but the Aspinal fight is super interesting. Tom's hands and speed is something else for a heavyweight.
And hes alot bigger than even swollen roid jones

The issue is Jones won the belt from the guy that lost to the previous champion. The lineal belt left the UFC.
Jones and Gane fought for the vacant championship with Jones winning. He was booked to face Stipe initially when he got injured a few weeks out. No issues there, but since then we had an interim fight and are going to have a defence of that interim. Jones has no defences, won a belt with as much legitimacy as Tom's and now we have the interim getting defended.
Strip the UFC title, make Jones vs Stipe for the Big Boy BMF belt (best lhw vs best HW champs) and let the HW division get moving again. At this point Cain fought more regularly than the last 3 HW champs have.

The only thing Jon has over Blaydes is fight IQ. Curtis nullifies the wrestling which is Jon's only path to victory in the HW division and he comes forward and hits harder. Blaydes is a bad fight for Jon but I could see him outsmarting him in some way
I think Jon would take him down. Almeida controlled him easily in round one despite being smaller.
It's not an easy fight for Jon but Blaydes hasn't showed me any brilliance to make me question Jon wouldn't handle him.
Aspinal showed me brilliance on the feet at least.

lol u can strip him if he didnt jot injured
still no fight that has been booked

hes the GOAT
the best and the hardest resume

nganou freakin struggled to beat gane
jones made gane look like an amateur

theres levels to this sht

The issue is Jones won the belt from the guy that lost to the previous champion. The lineal belt left the UFC.
Jones and Gane fought for the vacant championship with Jones winning. He was booked to face Stipe initially when he got injured a few weeks out. No issues there, but since then we had an interim fight and are going to have a defence of that interim. Jones has no defences, won a belt with as much legitimacy as Tom's and now we have the interim getting defended.
Strip the UFC title, make Jones vs Stipe for the Big Boy BMF belt (best lhw vs best HW champs) and let the HW division get moving again. At this point Cain fought more regularly than the last 3 HW champs have.

Wow, didn't realize that about Cain. Well said.

Not being funny, but signs of CTE and alcohol abuse are apparent. He is defending his avoidance of Aspinal in a childish manner and shown in public to be a drunk, hot, and sometimes violent and volatile mess. Poor management he could be saying a lot less to help his case and sell the Stipe fight. But, he's going out like a chump when he could just say one and done. No explanation needed because nobody wants to hear or see our ATG.

Back