Vettori 2x
Gastelum

Poatan has:
Adesanya
Jiri
Hill
Jan
Strickland

I think Rob twice, Cannonier and Yoel are more impressive than any of Poatan's wins, other than Adesanya ofc. Alex did do work in 2 divisions and got a second belt, which counts for something for sure, but he hasn't done enough. Before anyone says anything about "former champs" it doesn't get much weaker than Hill, Jiri, Strickland and Jan for champs lol, good fighters of course, but c'mon now
I mean - even based off your list - Poatan has beaten 5 champions...

Izzy has beaten how many?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Izzy "fighting" Yoel
Yoel is a can, the hype he gets around Sherdog is solely surrounded by his physique, nothing more.

bruh you have Cannonier above Jan? Not only was Jan a champion but he also defeated Cannonier when they fought.

Jan is a real 205er, Cannonier is a natural 185er. Cannonier is on the cusp of getting a second TS in a better division, being champ doesn't magically make you better than anyone who never got the strap, especially if it's in a terrible divison like 205

Izzy didn't beat many champs because he was the champ for a long time. It's not rocket science here sherbro, come on.
no man beating Tim Sylvia better for your resume than beating Chad Mendes, he held the friggin world championship bro!

yeah it was unfair of me to say that, you can't just magically scale down fighters lol, I've just noticed the skill level of fighters really drops off hard at 185 and above, with 205 being even worse, and HW being worse than 205

I think the lower divisions (135 and above) tend to be a lot deeper and the skill level is higher. As you go up power and size can become more important, that's why you get a lot of fat dudes who do well at HW.

Jan is a real 205er, Cannonier is a natural 185er. Cannonier is on the cusp of getting a second TS in a better division, being champ doesn't magically make you better than anyone who never got the strap, especially if it's in a terrible divison like 205
Cannonier weighs between 210 and 215 pounds during training camp and could get up to 230 outside of it. He's not a small guy.

Izzy has:
Whittaker 2x
Yoel
Poatan
Cannonier
Costa
Vettori 2x
Gastelum

Poatan has:
Adesanya
Jiri
Hill
Jan
Strickland

I think Rob twice, Cannonier and Yoel are more impressive than any of Poatan's wins, other than Adesanya ofc. Alex did do work in 2 divisions and got a second belt, which counts for something for sure, but he hasn't done enough. Before anyone says anything about "former champs" it doesn't get much weaker than Hill, Jiri, Strickland and Jan for champs lol, good fighters of course, but c'mon now
Lmao.
Yoel is an impressive win, but the guy that beat Izzy, Jan, is not?
True white belt brain.
This is an mma website. Theyre fighting in mma.
So the Izzy fan cope is now just to pretend that kickboxing never existed? lol.

Lmao.
Yoel is an impressive win, but the guy that beat Izzy, Jan, is not?
True white belt brain.

So the Izzy fan cope is now just to pretend that kickboxing never existed? lol.
Jan is Poatans best win at 205, I undersold that win a bit, also I want to clarify that Alex is the greater fighter, I just hold izzy in higher regards for mma specifically, I like Alex a lot more than Adesanya too

No in addition to not having an extended reign he hasn't cleaned out a division or proven himself against good wrestlers.

What makes Izzy unusual is that he came from kickboxing and is very good at shutting down wrestlers despite being lanky.
There's no such thing as "cleaning out a division". Not in MMA.

Back