Elections House Oversight Committee Hearing descends into shouting and catty insults between AOC, Jasmine Crockett and MTG

Yeah, this is definitely the biggest crisis facing america today, for sure.

It's not a crisis for sure, but neither is 99% of the political stuff that get's discussed. For instance, Congress is now grilling univewrsity Presidents over their handling of the Gaza protests. Who cares how student protests are being handled? Other than the students, parents, and employees nobody should.

It's not a crisis for sure, but neither is 99% of the political stuff that get's discussed. For instance, Congress is now grilling univewrsity Presidents over their handling of the Gaza protests. Who cares how student protests are being handled? Other than the students, parents, and employees nobody should.
Everyone feigning the vapors over this "eyelashes" and "baby girl" shit is a clown, plain and simple.

I'm sure you know that all politicans including Congressman and Senators speak in ways to signal to their consituents. Do you you really think that Harvard and Yale educated Senators from the South use hokie country phrases and vernacular in normal conversations? No, they are putting on an act. This is no different and has been happening forever. Why do you think it is a problem now? Is it because they are speaking in ways more reflective of black and hispanic communities?
I don't know I don't really listen to US congressman or senators speak, I only stumbled upon this because it's posted here, but if you can find examples of others dumbing themselves down for their constituents to this extent you can show us an example. This case is pretty blatant imo because the participants not only threw in some random hip hop culture expression which would be bad enough, they actually both did a full transformation into ghetto Shaniqua in an instant, changed their voice, their tone, their pattern of speech, just went full Dr Jekyl Mr Hyde in an instant, it was just bizzare to listen to.

Also I don't know why you mix in Hispanic communities here, I don't know many Hispanic people who speak that way, unless you're talking about a bunch of adolescent wanna be cholos who call each other the n word, but that has nothing to do with being Hispanic, that's completely adopted from shitty American hip hop culture.

I don't know I don't really listen to US congressman or senators speak, I only stumbled upon this because it's posted here, but if you can find examples of others dumbing themselves down for their constituents to this extent you can show us an example. This case is pretty blatant imo because the participants not only threw in some random hip hop culture expression which would be bad enough, they actually both did a full transformation into ghetto Shaniqua in an instant, changed their voice, their tone, their pattern of speech, just went full Dr Jekyl Mr Hyde in an instant, it was just bizzare to listen to.

Also I don't know why you mix in Hispanic communities here, I don't know many Hispanic people who speak that way, unless you're talking about a bunch of adolescent wanna be cholos who call each other the n word, but that has nothing to do with being Hispanic, that's completely adopted from shitty American hip hop culture.

There are tons of videos and articles documenting Senator John Kennedy's (R-LA) evolution from talking like an intelligent, Oxford-Educated aristocrat(he's worth tens of millions), to suddenly sounding like Foghorn Leghorn over the last couple of years. Similar to Mackenzie Dern.

AOC who was a key player in this debacle is Hispanic and sometimes speaks using the NY Hispanic vernacular like she did in this case. That is why I included it.

Senator Kennedy (R) from Louisiana does it all the time. For instance, the way he called Arizona's Republican Sen. John McCain "tough as a boiled owl" or how he explained last fall, in his thick Southern drawl, that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell was backing a health care bill "like a cat on a fat rat."

Back