Izzy vs Alex UFC 300…

IvanDrago2.0

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
So it’s Izzy vs Alex at UFC 300 for the lhw belt. Great fight of course however is it enough to save/make UFC 300 a great card? Also possibly Conor vs Chandler for 300. And if Izzy loses again at lhw and to Alex = You can’t make Izzy vs DP with back to back loses thus making Dp vs Sean rematch almost certain

Izzy wont take that fight

it is like the kiss of death

when he can take a shot at the champion who just called him,
Dricus is a much better fight for Izzy

but it wont happen at UFC300

Yeah thats true but it was in the MW division
Still, A matter of optics. The last time izzy and the LHW champion fought, the now LHW champ got flatlined.

that narrative still exisits. The fact that they are 1-1 and have one of the more storied rivalries may well be enough.

I dont agree with it per se, but it would not surpise me.

Still, A matter of optics. The last time izzy and the LHW champion fought, the now LHW champ got flatlined.

that narrative still exisits. The fact that they are 1-1 and have one of the more storied rivalries may well be enough.

I dont agree with it per se, but it would not surpise me.
Yeah i guess also because its UFC 300 and they are in need of a big star, they could definitely let Izzy and Alex run it back given their history. I wouldn't mind watching them fight again

Why would Izzy risk another knockout loss to LHW Peirera when he can have the MW DDP fight? DDP barely made it past Sean. Alex is a much much more dangerous fight than DDP.

That would be lame beyond belief. Izzy is a middleweight and not even a surging one. Anaklaev and Jamahal both deserve that fight way more than him and also happen to be far more compelling fights.

Back