LW: Gleison Tibau - 84
FW: Darren Elkins - 61
BW: Merab Dvalishvili - 66
FLW: Tim Elliott - 59

W FW: Norma Dumont - 8
W BW: Amanda Nunes - 32
W FLW: Valentina Shevchenko - 39
SW: Carla Esparza - 45

Who are your favourites? My favourites are Merab and Val.

For a guy that doesn't come from a wrestling background, GSP sure had a knack for it. Amazing..

giphy.gif

He also had unbelievable Takedown defense..

gsp1.gif

GSP hasn't fought at welterweight for over a decade. That is probably not getting broken anytime soon lol
Merab will end up having the All-Time UFC TD record.

But for WW alone, nobody on the current active list has a realistic shot at surpassing GSP’s 87. Colby is next with 69. Magny, and Usman with 59, are tied for third.

GSP is the best wrestler in MMA history. But his numbers are so high (among other things) because he wouldnt finish his oponents.
It's the same as how Max Holloway has such a high strike count. Lots of 5 round fights with few finishes.

Didn’t Khabib have over 20 in one fight?

[<dunn]

Anyway, cool data. LHW and HW don’t surprise anyone, I think.

Never understood this stat, surely it’s more impressive to have less takedowns, and be able to utilise ur takedowns to control the opponent or finish them.

Surely this just implies your opponents are able to get up easier

Where I view takedowns to be an impressive statistic, I view them to be a bit overrated since they often imply that the fighter was umable to remain on top of their opponent. A more relevant statistic in my opinoin would be top control time. Just my 2 cents...

GSP is the best wrestler in MMA history. But his numbers are so high (among other things) because he wouldnt finish his oponents.
Among other things, being in so many championship fights (5 rounds). Definitely the best. At least at WW.

Back