Multiplatform Official Cyberpunk: Phantom Liberty Discussion

Will the PL expansion prove a do-over for the title after widely maligned launch?

• Total voters
Its very good. Played through it twice after the 1.5 update dropped last year and it runs beautifully on the Series X.

Check out a recent review, and its also about to drop a huge update separate from the expansion.
Hmm. I originally bought Cyberpunk on the PS4 and didn’t really like it. But I might download it now that I have a Series X and give it another shot.

Hmm. I originally bought Cyberpunk on the PS4 and didn’t really like it. But I might download it now that I have a Series X and give it another shot.

That's an old post of mine you quoted, and now I consider it one of the Top 5 games of the last 5 years, especially with the PL expansion.

I 100% understand the bitterness for those who bought it for XB1 & PS4 at launch and I make no excuses. CDPR obviously bit off FAR more than they could chew when compared to the promises made in the previews to how it was at launch.

All I can suggest is for you to check out recent reviews of CP2077 in its finalized state and judge for yourself if its worth the extra money to purchase it again.

Here's a recent review -

That's an old post of mine you quoted, and now I consider it one of the Top 5 games of the last 5 years, especially with the PL expansion.

I 100% understand the bitterness for those who bought it for XB1 & PS4 at launch and I make no excuses. CDPR obviously bit off FAR more than they could chew when compared to the promises made in the previews to how it was at launch.

All I can suggest is for you to check out recent reviews of CP2077 in its finalized state and judge for yourself if its worth the extra money to purchase it again.

Here's a recent review -

I think I’ll check it out if it’s still on GamePass. No way I’m paying for it again.

I will be making V a female with a dick though. I don’t see how I couldn’t.

Here's a recent review -

I pre-ordered it but didn't even play it after the initial response. But I started for the first time recently (With Phantom Liberty) and after almost 80 hours now will definitely say it's one of the best games I've ever played. it's a work of art

I pre-ordered it but didn't even play it after the initial response. But I started for the first time recently (With Phantom Liberty) and after almost 80 hours now will definitely say it's one of the best games I've ever played. it's a work of art

<brucenod>

I think I’ll check it out if it’s still on GamePass. No way I’m paying for it again.

I will be making V a female with a dick though. I don’t see how I couldn’t.

It's not on Gamepass. I don't think it ever was on game pass.

The PS4 version has a free PS5 upgrade and the haptics in this game make it feel so much better. I was shocked how much better the gunplay felt with the PS5 controller. I played on PC but will replay the game on PS5 once it comes way down in price. I have to much in my backlog right now to worry about replaying it.

It's not on Gamepass. I don't think it ever was on game pass.

The PS4 version has a free PS5 upgrade and the haptics in this game make it feel so much better. I was shocked how much better the gunplay felt with the PS5 controller. I played on PC but will replay the game on PS5 once it comes way down in price. I have to much in my backlog right now to worry about replaying it.
It used to be on GamePass.

I'm on the third act pf CP2077. If I get Phantom liberty, will I be able to play those new areas right away, or do I have to finish the main quest?

I'm on the third act pf CP2077. If I get Phantom liberty, will I be able to play those new areas right away, or do I have to finish the main quest?
There's a story quest Transmission that when completed, unlocks the area for you. Iirc, it's not quick from NG but it's second act so for you in the third, insta-party time.

I would bust out a random police chase between completing gigs and I have noticed that in my second gameplay (1st being in 2021) the police chases have been more articulate in the sense that police would build barriers between you and your destination.

I'm so on the fence regarding getting into playing this game. On the one hand it still looks like a shell with anemic gameplay and slightly cringe plot/dialogue. On the other hand the visual design is the best of any game I can currently think of.
I've got a decent computer, but I'm not sure Cyberpunk would run well on it. At least not with the graphics cranked up to a level where you can actually enjoy the view.

I'm so on the fence regarding getting into playing this game. On the one hand it still looks like a shell with anemic gameplay and slightly cringe plot/dialogue. On the other hand the visual design is the best of any game I can currently think of.
I've got a decent computer, but I'm not sure Cyberpunk would run well on it. At least not with the graphics cranked up to a level where you can actually enjoy the view.

I recommend getting it when its cheaper, i got in on discount for like 30 bucks and it was well worth it, its single player game so its not going anywhere

Visually its awesome, gameplay is kinda repetetive/basic even with different playstyles, plot is good/ok (DLC plot is very good as is dlc overall, probably best expansion on ps5 iv played)

Personally i got like 80 to 100 hours in it, played through twice

Its kinda like deus ex on steroids is how i describe it

Back