Media UFC Fight Night 241 Post-Fight Press Conference

UFC Fight Night 241 Bonuses: Murphy, Barboza Earn $50K for Five-Round Battle​

LeroneMurphy called for a bonus in his post-fight interview, and theUltimate Fighting Championship delivered on that request.

Murphy and EdsonBarboza received “Fight of the Night” honors and $50,000 apiecefor their five-round clash in the UFCFight Night 241 headliner at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas onSaturday night. While Murphy landed more than 200 significantstrikes to keep his unbeaten record intact, Barboza had moments ofbrilliance — most notably an upkick that rocked his Englishopponent at the end of Round 1. Ultimately, Murphy kept thepressure on for 25 minutes to earn a clear-cut unanimous decisiontriumph over the Brazilian veteran.

Elsewhere, KalinnWilliams garnered a $50,000 “Performance of the Night” check byvirtue of a resounding knockout of CarlstonHarris in a featured welterweight contest. A massive right handlanded clean and sent Harris crashing to the canvas, effectivelyending the fight at the 1:30 mark of Round 1.

Finally, Angela Hillearned the evening’s other $50,000 “Performance of the Night” bonusfor scoring the first submission victory of her professionaltenure. The long-tenured strawweight forced a tapout from LuanaPinheiro with a guillotine choke 4:12 into the second round oftheir encounter — a memorable career milestone for Hill.

Angie Hill got paid.

She’s somewhere in the range of 135K/135K - 145K/145K. Plus she got a 50K bonus. Plus she’s on the highest level for Venum money, I believe. Not too shabby for a 39 year old SW. And she probably gets back in the top 10, come Tuesday.

Good for her. I’ve always respected her a lot.

Angie Hill got paid.

She’s somewhere in the range of 135K/135K - 145K/145K. Plus she got a 50K bonus. Plus she’s on the highest level for Venum money, I believe. Not too shabby for a 39 year old SW. And she probably gets back in the top 10, come Tuesday.

Good for her. I’ve always respected her a lot.
Yeah, I was really glad to see she got a bonus. She earned it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luminous Knight
Back