Media Aljamain Sterling not interested fighting Movsar Evloev, says matchup "makes no sense"

Lmao in reality, fighting Aljo makes no sense for movsar, who could fight for the title next
From a name value and recognition stand point it might. If mosvar beats a bigger name like Yair, Aljo, or Ortega he’s guaranteed the next shot. Or even someone like emmet will get his name out there

From a name value and recognition stand point it might. If mosvar beats a bigger name like Yair, Aljo, or Ortega he’s guaranteed the next shot. Or even someone like emmet will get his name out there
I meant evloev is higher up than Sterling, and evloev could fight for the belt next.

Sterling only just arrived at featherweight and took on the safest top 15 he could to do so. He could drastically save lots of time if he defeated Evloev and jumped in line.

So you motherfuckers would rather watch aljo evloev over Ortega ? Are you fucking kidding me? This is the most ass backwards I've ever seen.
I would rather just not see Ortega at all tbh. Guy is a professional squatter who has gone 2-3 in the last 6 years with already 2 title shot losses in those. Frankly, he doesn't deserve to be fighting anyone primed for a title shot any time soon

I would rather just not see Ortega at all tbh. Guy is a professional squatter who has gone 2-3 in the last 6 years with already 2 title shot losses in those. Frankly, he doesn't deserve to be fighting anyone primed for a title shot any time soon
Aljo can take out the trash.

Ortega being a big name in general is confusing to me, but he's undeniably a more well known name than Movsar evloev. If you think Aljo of all people is scared of a predominant wrestler, then you are crazy. Nobody is scared of a guy that can't finish a sandwich. It's about the name and the clout, as it often is in the UFC, and Movsar doesn't have much of that.

Mind you, Sterling often says one thing, then ends up doing what the UFC wants. I wouldn't be surprised if this fight is official within a month.

The amount of people in here who thought aljo was trying to duck this guy was insane.

He wants the more recognizable name. Nothing shocking here

Aljo has to come to terms with his past and his future. He was gifted a title by a fluke and will never hold it again.

At first I was going to join the duck crowd.

But he's got some good points: first FW has too many contenders Max is all but assured to fight Illa next and it been reported as September. Then you got volkanovski who is either getting his opportunity for redemption with a title fight or a number one contender battle.

Him beating movsar doesn't move the needle enough. Ortega is bigger name and could make waves if it's exciting.

A Yair fight just seems stupid tho.

Honestly his call out should have been for Volk.

Back