Media Colby Covington wants to fight Charles Oliveira, says he has "better jiu-jitsu"

Using your logic….

You claiming Islam Makhachev missed weight against Bobby Green, because Bobby Green missed weight and the bout was regulated at 160.

So that means……Charles Oliviera missed LW 3x. Against Efrain Escuedero 159, Kevin Lee 158, and against Gaethje 155.5lb.

I love your logic, Oliviera needs to move up, he can’t make 155 anymore, he mine as well go to 185.
Mine as well? Lmao. Opinion irrelevant.

Guy with 4 submission victories thinks he is a better jiu jitsu artist then the guy with the most submission victories in UFC history (16)
{<jordan}
It isn’t out of the realm of possibility, Ricardo Lamas has 2 submissions in the UFC and he subbed Oliveira, Islam Makhachev has 4 submissions in the UFC and he subbed Oliveira. Sure Oliveira might have the most subs, but head to head he’s loss by sub to some fighters who don’t have the credentials in MMA when it comes to records.

Mine as well? Lmao. Opinion irrelevant.
He can’t make 155 and he’s been talking about going to 170. He has missed weight the most in the UfC currently. Just skip 170, be safe and to go 185. He was competitive against a 200lb Makhachev, and he has most subs in the UFC.

I find it very funny and a little bit sad that Colby Covington shamelessly ducked Ian Garry of all people.

I think it's pretty obvious that Colby Covington hates fighting at this point, I guess he's trying to segway his late career into a daily wire talking head or something

Calling out a LW? Big shock. This guy is a pretty solid fighter but he really sucks as a person.

Charles wants the fight as well. And as I hereby sign off on it, let it move to Dana’s desk for the final ok.

Calling out a LW? Big shock. This guy is a pretty solid fighter but he really sucks as a person.
tbf LW RDA won 2 rounds against Colby, and took him down 3 times.

Would love to see Colby strangled again
gettyimages-501138842.jpg

Last edited:
Colby skills were on display when he made Twood tap out and cry

I admit Charles vs. Colby was not on my radar,. It probably wasn't on Covington's radar either until Charles faced the reality of advancing age, and less opportunities to fight for a UFC title going forward. These realities lead him to talk about moving up in weight and have legacy fights, as has become the norm for UFC veterans who still have name value, and want to cash in on the way out.
It doesn't make any sense for Covington or Gary to fight each other, Gary wants to move up by fighting real current game contenders, and Covington is wanting to cash in on the way out. I would much rather see Gary fight MVP, or Jack, or Shavrak or someone that means something for the division.

Back