PlayStation Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth

Okay... then no PS5 games have ever sold well.

Gotchya.
1 million units of FF7R1 sold on steam ALONE. The people who purchased the first part for the PC likely don't have any incentive to switch to the console.

1 million units of FF7R1 sold on steam ALONE. The people who purchased the first part for the PC likely don't have any incentive to switch to the console.
and they don't have to. Sony isn't trying to convince PC gamers to come over to their console. They are trying to convince Xbox players to come over. The PS5 is going to hit over 100 million sales. Spiderman 2 sold 10 mil+ just on PS5. God of war Ragnarok has sold 15 mil+. Now it's about to come out on PC and sell even more.

That's surprising.

What exactly were they expecting? Remake was on PS4 (117 million units vs 57 million for PS5) and came out when most people were stuck at home during early Covid so of course it sold like gangbusters at release. 16 is the #3 best selling PS5 game. Rebirth had sold two million as of April 15.

people don't want to just sit in their home to game any more. The PS5 hit on the tale end of a new era and they basically just outright emulating PC gaming. With steam and every other online game store catering to PC users there's not really much reason to be segregated between consoles and PCs anymore. Cheap laptops alone are capable of playing PS5 games for a similar price and you get more. The console industry is well aware of this hence why they are jumping on VR, but even at that PCs do the same thing. Basically, FF7R1 was released on PC so a good chunk of people bought the first one and feel absolutely no incentive to fork out on a whole new console to play the second one. The next gen of consoles as of yet have nothing to maintain pace with some of the cheaper laptops these days.
Lmao, bullshit. Please link several laptops that play games as well as a PS5 that are under 500 dollars. Video cards are very expensive and many people don’t want to deal with optimization. Also it’s not next gen anymore, they’ve been out for 4 years almost

What exactly were they expecting? Remake was on PS4 (117 million units vs 57 million for PS5) and came out when most people were stuck at home during early Covid so of course it sold like gangbusters at release. 16 is the #3 best selling PS5 game. Rebirth had sold two million as of April 15.
It’s SE, they are never happy with anything. Something has got to be deeply wrong within their work culture to have such insane expectations for their games. It’s almost like they are inside an echo chamber and they believe FF is way more popular than it really is. It still sells very well for a jrpg

and they don't have to. Sony isn't trying to convince PC gamers to come over to their console. They are trying to convince Xbox players to come over. The PS5 is going to hit over 100 million sales. Spiderman 2 sold 10 mil+ just on PS5. God of war Ragnarok has sold 15 mil+. Now it's about to come out on PC and sell even more.
Spiderman 2 is the exception at 10 million. #2 is Elden Ring at just 3.64 million.
GOW Ragnarok is also on PS4.

Spiderman 2 is the exception at 10 million. #2 is Elden Ring at just 3.64 million.
GOW Ragnarok is also on PS4.

Elden Ring was also released on PS4. Hell Divers 2 is above Elden Ring without a doubt.

Elden Ring was also released on PS4. Hell Divers 2 is above Elden Ring without a doubt.
Right, but that number for Elden Ring is just the PS5 version. It's safe to assume that most of the 15 million sales for GOW Ragnarok are/were on PS4.

Right, but that number for Elden Ring is just the PS5 version. It's safe to assume that most of the 15 million sales for GOW Ragnarok are/were on PS4.

Honestly I don't think Sony even cares anymore. They consider their ecosystem more like a PC now. PS4, PS5, PS6. Sony understands that things have changed now. All the top played games can be played on past gen systems so there's not much reason to upgrade like there used to be. I had a buddy who played with us all the time and he was still on his PS4. HD2 was the game that finally forced him to upgrade so he can play with us. I suspect this will continue to be the trend for consoles from here on out. I think tons of people wont upgrade until they are forced to because their system breaks or if all the top games decide to end support for past gens which they have no incentive to do.

As long as you're in their ecosystem buying games and signing up for sub services that's all they care about. Now if those Ps4 users start upgrading to PC\Xbox\Switch 2 instead of moving to PS5 that's when they will start to panic. Buying consoles has never been a money maker. It's selling games, subs, dlc and in game purchases that have made them their money.

Honestly I don't think Sony even cares anymore. They consider their ecosystem more like a PC now. PS4, PS5, PS6. Sony understands that things have changed now. All the top played games can be played on past gen systems so there's not much reason to upgrade like there used to be. I had a buddy who played with us all the time and he was still on his PS4. HD2 was the game that finally forced him to upgrade so he can play with us. I suspect this will continue to be the trend for consoles from here on out. I think tons of people wont upgrade until they are forced to because their system breaks or if all the top games decide to end support for past gens which they have no incentive to do.

As long as you're in their ecosystem buying games and signing up for sub services that's all they care about. Now if those Ps4 users start upgrading to PC\Xbox\Switch 2 instead of moving to PS5 that's when they will start to panic. Buying consoles has never been a money maker. It's selling games, subs, dlc and in game purchases that have made them their money.
The only reason I haven't got a PS5 yet is because I know as soon as I do they'll announce a Pro.

The only reason I haven't got a PS5 yet is because I know as soon as I do they'll announce a Pro.

Yea that's what I told my buddy who just got one. He didn't care though he said he couldn't wait anymore and wanted to play HD2 with us.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's the same as the original PS4 version, announced / shown off September then released November ready for Thanksgiving/ Christmas periods

Wouldn't be surprised if it's the same as the original PS4 version, announced / shown off September then released November ready for Thanksgiving/ Christmas periods

Would be a huge miss by Sony to not do it that way.

Tried to burn through the last few chapters to finish it up, but just couldn't bring myself to skip content. I just have need to finish every point of interest on the map. Left for travel today so will have to put it on pause for almost 5 months. At least spoilers have slowed way down since most people are done with it.

Back