Social Greater free access to content or a golden of content?

PBAC

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Imagine it's the current world and time period.

You have a choice

1. You have something if not more than what we currently have in our ability to access all forms of media. Free streaming, gaming. You can access anything you want at all times, but everything is mediocre. There are no great or memorable things. Thee best things are on a new simpsons sort of spectrum. Top cinema is basically super hero movie plots being rotated by ai.

or

2. Media is limited. There is still streaming but you can't access everything at every time. You want to watch a movie and you have to schedule it yourself and set a time to watch it. The media is either given to us on a schedule or needs to be rented. You can no longer binge watch. However, in this version it is a golden age of media. High quality movies and TV shows.

Which world do you rather live in?

Imagine it's the current world and time period.

You have a choice

1. You have something if not more than what we currently have in our ability to access all forms of media. Free streaming, gaming. You can access anything you want at all times, but everything is mediocre. There are no great or memorable things. Thee best things are on a new simpsons sort of spectrum. Top cinema is basically super hero movie plots being rotated by ai.

or

2. Media is limited. There is still streaming but you can't access everything at every time. You want to watch a movie and you have to schedule it yourself and set a time to watch it. The media is either given to us on a schedule or needs to be rented. You can no longer binge watch. However, in this version it is a golden age of media. High quality movies and TV shows.

Which world do you rather live in?
So basically today vs the late 90s?

I would choose somewhere in between. A little more accessible through some questionable illegal methods like torrenting. Finding content in the 2000s on Limewire is like going bareback in a Tijuana whorehouse. It's fun, exciting and dangerous altogether

Two without a doubt. We have so much access and choice that even quality media is ignored to scroll on our phones. Bring back Blockbuster and weekly television

2 easily. All access to shit is still shit.

So basically today vs the late 90s?

I would choose somewhere in between. A little more accessible through some questionable illegal methods like torrenting. Finding content in the 2000s on Limewire is like going bareback in a Tijuana whorehouse. It's fun, exciting and dangerous altogether
I like this option. It also gave me a knowledge advantage over people too lazy to look for it.

Back