Guitarist Terry Kath

MusterX

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
I know its probably been covered in this forum but where do you guys rank Terry Kath as a guitarist. This solo he threw down live at Tanglewood in 1970 is amazing. He unfortunately died at age 31 of a self inflicted gunshot wound, by accident according to other band members. R.I.P.

Solo begins about 2:58 in.

Yeah, I saw this clip a week or two ago on Twitter and immediately had to watch it again. I think someone mentioned he was Jimi Hendrix favorite guitarist

*Edit - according to Wiki, "Hendrix cited Terry Kath as one of his favorite guitarists, and considered Kath to be "the best guitarist in the universe"

Yeah, I saw this clip a week or two ago on Twitter and immediately had to watch it again. I think someone mentioned he was Jimi Hendrix favorite guitarist

*Edit - according to Wiki, "Hendrix cited Terry Kath as one of his favorite guitarists, and considered Kath to be "the best guitarist in the universe"

That's pretty crazy considering how relatively unknown the name "Terry Kath" is. Its too bad he went out the way he did so young. Same could be said for Stevie Ray Vaughn.

Back