Laugh all you want I don't give a sh*t. The carnivore diet is the real deal

^That he/she is a troll, pay no mind.

this is the updated chart from our gov, still grain heavy as always.
BB8F664B-3D7F-42BF-8D62-DDFD1085AF1D.jpeg
Some don’t know, the grain/vegetable lobbyists paid millions to our government to speak on the evils of protein (and to get a bigger piece of the pie). Great documentarys all over the net from scientists speaking out against it.

E55F4347-AF07-4CB1-BD73-FDCAD67B0650.jpeg

^That he/she is a troll, pay no mind.

this is the updated chart from our gov, still grain heavy as always.
View attachment 904640
Some don’t know, the grain/vegetable lobbyists paid millions to our government to speak on the evils of protein (and to get a bigger piece of the pie). Great documentarys all over the net from scientists speaking out against it.

View attachment 904641

Everything in that chart is pretty much common sense and coincides with lots of studies on the matter. Whole grains aren't bad for you, not sure where you're getting that idea from. And nothing in there speaks of the evils of protein at all, you literally made that up.

Grains were not regularly consumed for most of human history. Humans lack the ability to digest and utilize grains, essentially making them a toxin.

Let’s see your “studies” on the matter then <YeahOKJen>
Make sure they’re all “peer reviewed” too. Since that will be your next argument I’m sure. Let’s see those sources chief.
Also well known grain lobbyist paying millions to discredit fats and proteins (from actual doctors) will be passed off as CTer nonsense.

https://michaelkummer.com/health/why-avoid-grains/
Extract from article:
Grains are a staple food in the standard American diet. In 2017, Americans used approximately 358.1 million metric tons of grains, up from 253 million metric tons in 2001.

That shouldn’t come as a surprise considering that governments and dietitians around the world support the idea that grains are a critical component of a healthy and balanced diet.

We often hear that grains — and particularly whole-grain foods — are essential sources of nutrients, such as dietary fiber, B vitamins like folic acid, and minerals. The USDA’s dietary guidelines encourage the consumption of grains, suggesting that eating whole grains can lower cholesterol levels and decrease the risk of cardiovascular disease.

USDA_Food_Pyramid.gif

The Original USDA Food Pyramid.
In the infamous 1992 Food Pyramid, we were told to eat 6 to 11 servings of bread, rice, cereal and pasta every day! We listened and now 60% of Americans are obese or overweight.
Mark Hyman, M.D.

Although epidemiological evidence consistently demonstrates an inverse association between the intake of whole-grain foods and abdominal obesity — among other purported benefits — findings of controlled clinical trials are inconclusive.

At the same time, there are good reasons why you should avoid grains to prevent the development of inflammation, metabolic problems and chronic diseases. What’s more, grains don’t provide any nutritional benefits that you can’t get from healthier sources of food.

In other words, the consumption of grains makes us sick, and there is no downside to cutting them out of your diet completely.

So how did we get it so wrong?

Flawed studies and pressure from the agriculture industry have convinced us that grains are a healthy part of a balanced diet. In reality, they’re a leading contributor to many of our most common ailments.

In a nutshell, a combination of flawed epidemiological or observational studies (rather than peer-reviewed double-blind studies and clinical trials), the influence of industry interests, and the fact that grains are cheap to produce and store, has created the perfect environment for the development of metabolic conditions such as obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular disease and even neurological conditions like Alzheimer’s.

In this article, we will answer the question “what are grains,” explore the history of grains, discuss their role in our diet, explore how healthy grains are, and run down the top 10 reasons why you should never eat grains.

Last edited:
We literally need protein to survive - plus it was only when we started eating protein that we could fuel an energetically expensive brain - (that’s going all the way back to human evolution though)- wheat/corn rice etc is good for filler and helped our population grow because it was more abundant and stable but not more nutritious or necessary. We could survive without eating any grain. I would argue that’s a major factor towards obesity - and of course all the sugar replacing fats.

Source: Sister who is a professor at Cornell and has written books on the subject.

Last edited:
I always liked the idea of, "earning your carbs"....especially based on personal tolerance/need. But even that is too complicated of an idea for most people to follow so the government throws out some kind of bullshit guidelines.

How to fix the food pyramid:

Cut out the top triangle then flip the whole thing upside down.

Last edited:
How does your shit look like? What do you think an endoscopy would show after 10Y of eating only meat?

Not only that, I mean he came off super aggressive about the whole fuckin thing sir lmao.

We literally need protein to survive - plus it was only when we started eating protein that we could fuel an energetically expensive brain - (that’s going all the way back to human evolution though)- wheat/corn rice etc is good for filler and helped our population grow because it was more abundant and stable but not more nutritious or necessary. We could survive without eating any grain. I would argue that’s a major factor towards obesity - and of course all the sugar replacing fats.

Source: Sister who is a professor at Cornell and has written books on the subject.
I think that these topics always lead to weird discussions. In the end, humans are omnivorous and can adapt to many types of diet. Before the birth of agriculture, humans consumed meat, milk and fruits. Before humans figured out that you can milk other mammals for nutrients, humans starved. Before they found out that fire makes meat more digestable, they died of dysentry and digestive track bacteria, etc.

Human diet is based on like 10 (or something like that) species (most of which grains, and animal species), yet we live much longer now than before agriculture, and human population exploded since agriculture.

Point is there are many valid approaches outside of the 2 extremes of retard vegans or retard carnivore.

Humans lack the ability to digest and utilize grains, essentially making them a toxin.

Patently false and easily demonstrable, people have survived on grains for literally thousands of years. It's pure idiocy to suggest they are not digestible.

"Harvesting Grain

People first began eating grains about 75,000 years ago in western Asia. These grains, including einkorn and emmer, were ancestors of today’s wheat. Einkorn and emmer grew wild near the banks of rivers. People harvested the grasses that grew naturally near their communities."

https://www.nationalgeographic.org/...eating grains,were ancestors of today's wheat.

Also well known grain lobbyist paying millions to discredit fats and proteins (from actual doctors) will be passed off as CTer nonsense.

Again, why are you even bringing this up, when the pie chart you posted yourself isn't "discrediting protein"? Did you look at it?

The Original USDA Food Pyramid.
In the infamous 1992 Food Pyramid, we were told to eat 6 to 11 servings of bread, rice, cereal and pasta every day! We listened and now 60% of Americans are obese or overweight.
Mark Hyman, M.D.

And how come countries like Japan rank in the top 10 for rice consumption, yet their obesity rate is rather low compared to the US? Maybe Americans simply eat too much fucking junk? Do you think obese people are out there eating oats, quinoa and wild rice till they get to 300lbs? And who the hell is Mark Hyman? A link to his website doesn't mean anything, no article, nothing.

Japan has been ranked 27th within the group of 154 countries we follow in terms of interest rate on rice consumption per capita.

Although epidemiological evidence consistently demonstrates an inverse association between the intake of whole-grain foods and abdominal obesity — among other purported benefits — findings of controlled clinical trials are inconclusive.

So the article says that there is positive evidence in favor of whole grains helping in several ways, and that some studies have been inconclusive. So some things are unknown, and others seem completely positive. None of this implies the other studies are false, just that more research would make it the specific aspect of adiposity more solid. Your own link argues against your position, it's ridiculous to bring it up:

Multiple bioactive components within whole grains, as well as the structural properties of less-processed whole grains, have been shown to favorably modulate appetite, glucose metabolism, insulin sensitivity, and, more recently, composition of the gut microbiota. As such, these attributes of whole grains may act synergistically to prevent body fat accumulation. There is consistent epidemiological evidence for inverse associations between whole-grain intake and adiposity; however, findings from controlled clinical trials are inconclusive.

At the same time, there are good reasons why you should avoid grains to prevent the development of inflammation, metabolic problems and chronic diseases. What’s more, grains don’t provide any nutritional benefits that you can’t get from healthier sources of food.

This is not a scientific journal, it's a shitty ass blog with no peer review, by some guy with no degree in any scientific field:

HI, I’M MICHAEL.
I’m a healthy living and technology enthusiast.

Since moving to the U.S., I have lived and worked in the greater Atlanta area. In my twenties, I was a professional 100m sprinter. These days I do mostly CrossFit. I’m a technologist and Apple fan.

I started this blog in 2012 with the goal of sharing Mac and photography tips and tricks. Over the past few years, I have re-focused on the areas that my readers and I are most passionate about, including diet, fitness and technology.

My goal with every article I publish is to share information and solutions to complex problems in plain and easy-to-understand language.

So, your source is a random blogger who started a blog to talk about Mac and photos and then decided to talk about diets. Basically, a Sherdogger. Cool, but not sure why anyone should care.

We literally need protein to survive

Literally no one has argued the opposite.

. We could survive without eating any grain.

Sure, and you can survive while being vegan. However, neither one of those things are being discussed.

We could survive without eating any grain.

And you can survive without eating a carnivore diet too, or eating none/very little meat, but neither of those things are the point of the discussion. For whatever it's worth, I eat upwards of 150g of protein a day.

I'm sure your imaginary professor sister is proud of you copy and pasting blogs and not even reading the scientific journal you're quoting, which contradicts what you're saying.

I'm sure your imaginary professor sister is proud of you copy and pasting blogs and not even reading the scientific journal you're quoting, which contradicts what you're saying.

Personal attacks? Troll, I can see why you have double yellows. Believe what you want.

Ignoring the back and forth in the past few posts - the fact your sister is at Cornell is pretty wild as that's where Colin Campbell is Professor Emeritus. Dr Campbell led "The China Project" and co-authored "The China Study" which is one of the most influential/divisive diet/health books ever written (it effectively promotes a low-fat vegan diet).

Ignoring the back and forth in the past few posts - the fact your sister is at Cornell is pretty wild as that's where Colin Campbell is Professor Emeritus. Dr Campbell led "The China Project" and co-authored "The China Study" which is one of the most influential/divisive diet/health books ever written (it effectively promotes a low-fat vegan diet).

Yeah that’s crazy and “wild” that someone who’s been a professor for 20 years can have a different opinion??

I will say a lot of people bring up “peer reviewed” research. These professors recieve hundreds of thousands of dollars in grants. (Some depts in the millions). So say something that’s goes against the grain and watch your funding drop to 0. So take some peer research with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
Yeah that’s crazy and “wild” that someone who’s been a professor for 20 years can have a different opinion??
You misunderstand where I'm coming from (I understand you being defensive after your recent exchange).
Maybe your sister's experience is different but going against the status quo in a top-tier Academic institution can be challenging to say the least. That's all I meant.

I will say a lot of people bring up “peer reviewed” research. These professors recieve hundreds of thousands of dollars in grants. (Some depts in the millions). So say something that’s goes against the grain and watch your funding drop to 0. So take some peer research with a grain of salt.

My post missed your edit, but this is exactly the type of thing I was alluding to.

All good
You misunderstand where I'm coming from (I understand you being defensive after your recent exchange).
Maybe your sister's experience is different but going against the status quo in a top-tier Academic institution can be challenging to say the least. That's all I meant.
All good, Well her dept deals in facts. Dieteray habits from Paleolithic peoples is one of the major studies. Everything from analyzing marrow to the grains in bone to see what they ate. You can’t really challenge that (well obviously you can) but you see what I’m getting at.

Personal attacks? Troll, I can see why you have double yellows. Believe what you want.

Are you serious? I posted something very mild about the pie chart you posted and you responded with sarcasm and how my post “gave you cancer” (which you then edited out) and now you’re acting all offended because I am skeptical about what you say and don’t believe you at face value? Lol ok... that’s a giant cop out. You call everyone trolls to avoid making an argument. Of course I don’t believe you, because you seem woefully uninformed and copy+pasted a giant blog post by a guy who writes about Mac computers, and didn’t read the links you posted. Can you post any research papers your sister worked on that are related to this so we can see them?

Again, the pie chart says 1/4 whole grains, 1/4 protein, about 1/2 vegetables and then some fruit. All of that is very common advice from doctors and dietitians, it doesn’t indicate any conspiracy.

If you think about it in terms of calories, then in 2000kcal, 1/4 protein is 500kcal from protein, more than 100g a day, or about 1lb of chicken breast. How is that position “anti-protein”??

Regarding the conspiracy angle, we can just as easily say that the chicken, pork and beef industries are huge and worth trillions of dollars, but that alone doesn’t mean anything. In fact, the grain industry depends on cattle a huge deal, because about 1/3 of grain production is used to feed cattle anyway. So why would they conspire against beef?

Most people don’t even consume whole
grains anyway, notice how they “criticize” the most common grains: rice and white bread. Why would they do that? Surely Bog Bread and Big Rice are more powerful than Big Quinoa and Big Bulgur. Whole grains do pretty well in most studies as far as improving health markers and are recommended by many dietitians (including private practitioners outside the academic research world) so the whole conspiracy POV is pretty unfounded. The article you posted yourself contains studies about these positive associations.

Over 9 months now. Allergies gone. GERD gone. Migraines gone. My body was fine before but now is near perfect and I don't even lift.
My judo/BJJ strength and conditioning = same no difference. Cholesterol levels normal.

Fuck nutrition science. Epidemiology is not science and my personal experience is what fucking matters. Fuck off.
What about now?

Back