Let's play a game! Name a fighter and when they should have retired.

I remember him going on a pretty bad skid a few years back, like late 2010's and thought that was it. Luckily he was able to bounce back by fighting some lower competition, but yeah at this age and mileage it seems time.

Put him up against a fighter on a similar level on some prelims of a PPV or a main card of a FN seems like a good spot(In front of a crowd tho). For opponent I'm not sure, maybe Tony if they're still willing to give him another fight.
That being said I feel like Tony's so washed that Jim most likely beats him up pretty badly.
Miller vs Ferguson is a great call. Make it big too. Let it headline a FN or be PPV main card.

Why im good with Miller leaving now is because he made a good account on himself vs Green. Didn't get finished anf fought hard, even competitive in the first round. Sure he got beat up but hey, fighting on 100, 200 and 300, you did great bro.

Aldo before running into Holloway.

Weidman before Hall.

Tony Ferguson after Dariush

Frankie Edgar after Ortega.

Not retiring: Cejudo, he could had won a couple more fights imo, then actually retiring on top.

Honestly just pick the last time they won and not make this thread. Cos that's all anyone's gonna do.

Anderson after the Nick Diaz fight.

Conor after the Mayweather fight.

Miller vs Ferguson is a great call. Make it big too. Let it headline a FN or be PPV main card.

Why im good with Miller leaving now is because he made a good account on himself vs Green. Didn't get finished anf fought hard, even competitive in the first round. Sure he got beat up but hey, fighting on 100, 200 and 300, you did great bro.
You people are insane wanting Tony to break the UFC record for number of consecutive losses. His family should be stepping in at this point.

Ronda before fighting Holly o_O
ronda-rousey-pillow-face.jpg

RDA after the Usman fight. His fight with Colby was pretty competitive but the Usman fight showed he was gunna struggle with bigger welterweights plus he wasn’t 100% committed to LW.

WAR RDA 4 LIFE tho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<{JustBleed}>
<{natewhut}>

Nah, he should’ve retired after Affliction and never signed with Strikeforce.
In the hindsight, yes. But his striking already was not looking great there outside the KO. So there was a lot of risk if Arlovski were to stay disciplined.

I hate hindsight too much to name a fighter in a roll before the take the big L.

So I say Rua before the second Craig fight

With the power of hindsight, name a fighter and the prime time they should have retired.

Here's my undebatable example:
Renan Barao- Off of his second win against Faber when he was at 34-1. Otherwise, he would then face TJ Dillashaw and have one of the worst fall-offs in MMA history.

Here's a more debatable example:
Frankie Edgar- Off of his title loss to Max Holloway. You could argue he should have retired off a win, or before he ever was knocked out, but I'd say it would be most suiting to end his career on a title fight.
Spider.
Should have retired after beating Sonnen (second fight)

Back