News Maycee Barber vs Rose Namajunas set for main event on July 13th

Who wins?

• Total voters
giphy.gif

<codychoke>

Rose via accurate accuracy and strawberry jam.

I think Rose is gonna box her face off, like Grasso did on a bum knee . Maycee definitely has improved but I think this is a bad matchup.

Rose is no longer in her prime. Barber is no longer a novice. They are both unpredictable from fight to fight. Some of you are comparing them from how they fought a few years ago. That's not applicable any more.

Yeah this poll is tilted like we are getting Prime Rose, far from what Rose has looked like lately especially at flyweight. Also Rose is generally more well liked than Maycee is, that probably plays into it.

If Rose wants to be she just might be the best WMMA fighter after Amanda . P4p. Issue is for weird reasons she just doesn't always show up mentally.

Only Amanda has a better resume than Rose.

If Rose shows up ready even an on the slide Rose which it looks like she is now wins easily as she's better everywhere except size maybe.

I don't think physical prime has to do with Rose's current situation.
Rose is no longer in her prime. Barber is no longer a novice. They are both unpredictable from fight to fight. Some of you are comparing them from how they fought a few years ago. That's not applicable any more.

Praying for the maycee W
If Rose wants to be she just might be the best WMMA fighter after Amanda . P4p. Issue is for weird reasons she just doesn't always show up mentally.

Only Amanda has a better resume than Rose.

If Rose shows up ready even an on the slide Rose which it looks like she is now wins easily as she's better everywhere except size maybe.
Joanna has a better resume than rose.

Rose has 2 losses to Esparza and has never won 5 fights in a row. She also has losses in contender fights as well. Joanna never lost a non title fight until the very last fight of her career. and no, She didn't fight cupcakes, She fought Gadelha and lima in non title fights. Gadelha, Had beaten Karolina and Esparza, both fighters Rose lost to.

Joanna has fought better competition and has better results against similar competition only outlier being Zhang.

If Rose loses her championship aspirations are truly over.

I didn't mention him. In their last six, Maycee is 6-0 & Rose is 4-2. One can debate quality of competition or whether split decisions were judged properly. Still, this fight isn't easy to predict.

I don't know if it's that difficult to predict.

Barber either barrels forward, creates tie ups and eventually tires down Rose for a finish after 2.5 rounds when Rose usually slows her footwork a lot, or Barber can't create those grueling moments and gets outclassed everywhere.

Skill-wise, Barber is nowhere near Rose's level.

Yeah this poll is tilted like we are getting Prime Rose, far from what Rose has looked like lately especially at flyweight. Also Rose is generally more well liked than Maycee is, that probably plays into it.
These polls are always just a popularity contest.

Praying for the maycee W

Joanna has a better resume than rose.

Rose has 2 losses to Esparza and has never won 5 fights in a row. She also has losses in contender fights as well. Joanna never lost a non title fight until the very last fight of her career. and no, She didn't fight cupcakes, She fought Gadelha and lima in non title fights. Gadelha, Had beaten Karolina and Esparza, both fighters Rose lost to.

Joanna has fought better competition and has better results against similar competition only outlier being Zhang.

Attachments

• image-asset.jpeg
    image-asset.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 2
Back