Rewatch Michael Johnson Beneil Dariush, what a robbery !

He wasn’t caught in an armbar
Just sayin, broken arms and broken noses (had both) and broken orbital bones are part of fighting and if you receive one it is generally because your opponent was trying to hurt you and succeeded. There are 12 broken arms from kicks in the UFC. Tony was one of them . You can watch the video of all 12 on YouTube.

Last edited:
I remember this fight because I had money on it, pretty sure I had money on Ben and still was very aware of how lucky I got.

Another BS win of his

I don't think this guy deserves a TS, he has to fight Dustin for that right, he couldn't even finish the ghost of Tony.

He needs to fight the guy openly ducking him? The guy who got ktfoed by Michael Johnson in like 1 minute?

Another BS win of his

I don't think this guy deserves a TS, he has to fight Dustin for that right, he couldn't even finish the ghost of Tony.

Oh here we go....the Khabib crew already forming excuses to keep DARIUSH from the belt..

Fuck off the guy deserves it , 100%.. Islam already ran from him in the contendership by leap frogging the division...

So now he has to fight him as champion..that is if the Australian doesnt beat him...which IMO Islam should win easily and is why he was so excited to call for the small guy...right after winning the belt...kinda embarassing when a bigger champ calls out a smaller one to fight at the bigger weight

Even boring fighters deserves their shot.. michael johnson was a fucking beast when he was on btw..

People look at records and forget what is what.. poirier looked like he was on a sniper highlight reel.. sherdog tends to forget there are a lot of great fighters out there.. trading wins and losses isn't a big deal..

Who cares if he won a bad decision in 2015. Islam got clocked in 2015, but now he’s the kingpin of the division. A lot can change in 7 years time, especially in MMA.

Dariush used to get beat regularly, but it’s clear he’s made a lot of adjustments and is a much better fighter than he was. You’d think you would have mentioned that he got RNC’d by Chiesa in 2016 over this.

Either way, Islam vs. Dariush is the fight I want to see most at 155 right now.

Another BS win of his

I had money on Dariush to win this fight... but I also felt this fight was a robbery... with or without this fight being a win, I still think Dariush's next fight should be for the title. Dustin has already proclaimed that he is not interested in a fight with Dariush anyways. More realistically, Dariush probably will have another fight before a title fight though I reckon.

My god, TS went back 7 years to find a split decision to justify his fine whine about Dariush getting a title shot today?

That's goddamn embarrassing, even for a troll. Especially for a troll.

I was so right about him not being worthy of a TS.

Lol at bumping your own dumb thread. He did in fact deserve a title shot at the time, he was on an 8 fight streak and coming off a win over Gamrot who had just beaten the current number one contender Arman. I don't think there's been a better lightweight streak since then.

Lol at bumping your own dumb thread. He did in fact deserve a title shot at the time, he was on an 8 fight streak and coming off a win over Gamrot who had just beaten the current number one contender Arman. I don't think there's been a better lightweight streak since then.

There hasn't, Beniel sadly got old from waiting.

He deserved it years ago, he deserved it before the Gamrot fight and he absolutely deserved it after.

That being said, I would not be against Poirier vs Dustin for the title next.
I think Poirier takes it. On second thought, you never know about Dustin....

Agreed -- I won money on that fight and even I thought it was a poor decision. That was a great performance by Johnson.

Back