Most Improved

Objectively Correct

Yellow Card
Yellow Card
Reaction score
Costa seems to have improved a lot. His jab, pacing and kicks seem to have leveled up. I was genuinely surprised, he left the fight as the less damaged fighter in total.

Did he change coaches? If he learns combinations he could be a title challenger again.

Costa's jab did some work there. He just didn't have any follow-up. You gotta throw punches in bunches like Whittaker did.

Honestly I thought Rob looked improved. Costa outside of the heel kick was getting outlanded 2:1. Rob looked surprisingly aggressive and landed some huge punches on Costa.

He looked good against a former champ. Can’t wait to see him again next year.

Costa's jab did some work there. He just didn't have any follow-up. You gotta throw punches in bunches like Whittaker did.
Exactly. The only time he threw a 1-2, both shots landed. His IQ just isn't the best.

People seem to have forgot that Costa is the guy that waded head first into a firefight with Yoel Romero and won.

He's always been damn good, he just doesn't always show up.

Bro Im starting to feel like Rob has a lowkey case of pillowfist.
Yeah I don't know what happened. Earlier in his career he was dropping and finishing guys no problem, but nowadays it seems like he's at a power disadvantage against everyone.

From the guy to lost in striking to Marvin Freakin Vettori to the guy who put a good fight for Whittaker and actually jabbed him pretty well and almost KTFO him... yeah, an improvement. Too bad that his next fight is in 2026.

Costa landed a nice jab that busted Whittaker's nose and a helluva spinning head kick that out him on skates but other than that he pretty much got his ass kicked.

His gas tank definitely looked improved. He slowed down but it wasn't nearly as bad as when he faded HARD against the goat of Rockhold.

His jab was certainly much better than I remember, though he fights a bit as if he's afraid of gassing out. Still, though, I was critical of him leading up to this, and he deserves credit for fighting a good fight against a tough opponent.

Bro Im starting to feel like Rob has a lowkey case of pillowfist.
He’s definitely employed a more conservative style in recent years. But with his obvious problems with his chin I don’t really expect him to go balls to the wall every time.

Back