RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Fury vs Usyk Discussion 5/18 1PM ET DAZN PPV / ESPN+

Yeah, you can't help but wonder how long before that CTE catches up with Fury. That guy has spent more hours making all the stops on that queer street bus than any champ I can think of. I can't imagine how either could improve on their preparation or performance.

Fury would do better not to go back in a straight line and open himself for that looping left shot

hahaha very true, very sore armpits. Usually Tyson has very big love handles but you had no idea if he had love handles in this fight with how high those shorts were, to be honest you couldn't even tell if he had a double chin with how high they were lol.

Deary deary me I've never seen boxing shorts like that in my life :D
It used to piss me off when De La Hoya would wear shit like that

hahaha very true, very sore armpits. Usually Tyson has very big love handles but you had no idea if he had love handles in this fight with how high those shorts were, to be honest you couldn't even tell if he had a double chin with how high they were lol.

Deary deary me I've never seen boxing shorts like that in my life :D
He will make traveler level adjustments for next time. I predict he will wear suspenders, waistline clean over the top of his head. A hat like Mushmouth with hole in the trunks lining right up with the eyes. Anything above the waistline they will claim Usyk targeted the top of the head.download (45).jpeg

I was rooting for Usyk hard but I thought Fury was going to win. I thought that being bigger, stronger, dirtier and durable was going to make a difference.

But I know jack shit about boxing. I'm more of a casual.
Cool. Didn't know you were an Usyk fan. Fury was the slight favorite last I checked the odds before the fight. He was supposed to win but so was Joshua in the first fight. Usyk has upset the odds more than once as the underdog. He's been beating bigger guys for years. Even going back over a decade in the World Series of Boxing where he beat Joe Joyce and a bunch of other big guys.

Cool. Didn't know you were an Usyk fan. Fury was the slight favorite last I checked the odds before the fight. He was supposed to win but so was Joshua in the first fight. Usyk has upset the odds more than once as the underdog. He's been beating bigger guys for years. Even going back over a decade in the World Series of Boxing where he beat Joe Joyce and a bunch of other big guys.
So many people doubted him.

Every fight he had at HW people doubted he could achieve anything, but he wound up achieving ALL

I love the guy

Part of me wants him to retire and enjoys life before he loses and take avoidable damage. He has nothing else to prove.

Usyk seems like everything a professional athlete should be. Him saying all the family stuff he missed in training for this fight was inspiring. He sacrificed a lot and went against the odds. Fury is an incredible crafty fighter who also happens to be way bigger and he defeated him.

So many people doubted him.

Every fight he had at HW people doubted he could achieve anything, but he wound up achieving ALL
True. Like I said earlier I also doubted him once. I didn't think he'd be able to overcome Joshua the first time. He didn't look good against Chisora. In that fight he got roughed up and bullied at times. After he beat him I realized that he could take Joshua's power and picked him to win the rematch. I then picked him to beat Fury. He's getting up there in age though. Not sure how long he'll continue to fight these giants before he retires.

I love the guy

Part of me wants him to retire and enjoys life before he loses and take avoidable damage. He has nothing else to prove.

Usyk seems like everything a professional athlete should be. Him saying all the family stuff he missed in training for this fight was inspiring. He sacrificed a lot and went against the odds. Fury is an incredible crafty fighter who also happens to be way bigger and he defeated him.
He's a rare one for sure

Ghost writer clearly but he has like 3 of them. His wife even has one lol

They're actually not bad. Talks a lot of his mental health struggles
Oh thanks. I had no idea. I'm sure he's a good story teller even if he had help from a ghostwriter.

Reactions: HHJ
"i will not leave you alone. dont be afraid"

usyk did exactly what he told fury he would do

he came forward for 36 minutes right in furys face.
When he said that I believed that is what he intended to do. It was still amazing to watch play out because he appeared to be physically outmatched in the middle of the fight. He was willing to walk through fire to break through eventually. Usyk out-willed Fury while giving up 40 pounds. He's one of the mentally strongest fighters ever.

When wilder, joshua and fury were the big three. I always thought wilder could beat joshua, joshua could beat fury and fury could beat wilder.
How often fury gets knocked down and the fact joshua is a better boxer than wilder with power that is not far off from wilder. I could see him koing fury if they fought.
Yep. Seen that same opinion posted here by several of us. They all have a dash of the others kryptonite.

Sorry if already posted, obviously there's a large volume of posts on this fight and I haven't read everything. I found a gif and a slightly longer video of some of Fury's best work against Usyk. As I said at the time Usyk has a good poker face but these shots were hurting him. Live there was a different angle and you could actually see his knees go just for a fraction of a second when the uppercut went in but this angle doesn't show it as clearly. Anyway another round or two of this and he would have gone down if not been stopped - but credit to him he showed high fight IQ and adjusted. Respect to @Kovalev's "Man Bag" for his prediction as well.

oleksandr-usyk-fury.gif

if Fury just could have avoided that 10 - 8 round and lost it 10 - 9 the fight would have been a draw. 😕

Compubox.png

Big difference in jabs lol.

@oldschoolmmafan Hope you enjoyed the fight. Don't worry about the AV. I can't be bothered making you one. You're free to keep your own.
This is kind of you brother, thank you and yes I did. Uysk is going to go down as one of the greatest boxers of all time. He has been hiding his power or something because I not think in million years he be able to drop and nearly finish Fury. Great fight.

so ive just re-watched this for the first time, and actually scored it as i went, i think the only round you could really argue that may have been Furys is round 3, and even with that he doesnt win the fight
1716832238876.png
i thought in round 6 Fury really hurt Usyk and had him in trouble, but even in the rounds he really won, Usyk was still putting pressure on Fury that he didnt seem comfortable with, constantly pushing him back and making him work, i also think Fury was badly hurt in round 8, im not sure if his nose was broken or he suffered some eye damage, but it really affected Fury

i think Fury would need to go shit or bust next time

Back