Questions to ask about your relationship.

Asking yourself if you are truly fulfilled or less lonely is the kind of shit that women do when they break off a good relationship with someone for no reason at all.

We're just creatures on a planet. Our lives are not meant to be truly fulfilled at all times. Pretending like you need to be truly fulfilled and your partner is dependent on doing that for you is just an unrealistic path toward always feeling like something is missing in your life when you really had enough to be happy all along.

Basically that's just someone who is scanning for things to be mad about in their life.

I think the question is not whether you are ultimately fulfilled, that's impossible as it is a form of perfection. It's rather, is your relationship a way of preventing loneliness or is it something that brings you fulfilment. Truely is a substitute for actually.

So does your relationship bring you all you need from a relationship? Love, support, affection etc.

It's not your partner's responsibility either, it's both of your responsibilities, it's a partnership that requires both people looking out for each other for their own self interests, coaching each other, taking the others responsibilities as your own etc.

Reading many of the answers itt has made me happy.

It's self centered and selfish, it's about yourself and your relationship. How else would you like your introspection to be organised? It's amusing to me that I shared them because I thought they might help someone and you consider the endeavour selfish. I guess it's all down to how you look at stuff isn't it.

How about thinking this way instead: The best relationship is when you're with someone that makes you want to be the best person for them, how you act in a relationship towards your partner says more about how happy you are than how they act towards you.

Of course if they treat you like shit and take advantage you won't want to be a great person to them, so it's connected. But we should always focus on what we are doing for people and why we are/aren't doing it, and make judgements base on that. Placing primary emphasis on what other people are doing for us is unhealthy.

There are lots of depressed, unhappy people who get stuck in the mindset that everybody else in their life should be there to make their lives better... and they stay depressed when these people disappoint them. When the real road out of depression and unhappiness is to stop ruminating about yourself and how good/bad you have it and instead focus on doing for others and being the best person you can be to the people in your life.

Last edited:
Back