UK '80s Hits!

Artist: Kate Bush (London)

Album: Hounds of Love (1985)

71eDl4OeBrL._UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

This is a good un Sumo lad! I take it you know the Futureheads version, great tune. Kate Bush is mental, love that crazy nutter.

Band: Jesus and Mary Chain (Scotland)

rs-193651-jesusmarychbw4_rgb.jpg

Album: Darklands (1987)

61RnM0V7fqL._UF1000,1000_QL80_DpWeblab_.jpg

They completely passed me by at the time and I've ignored them ever since, I would have been bang into this at the time. Really liked both songs, ahead of their time imo. Rare something pops up like this that I completely missed and I really like that isn't massively obscure, good pick Sherbro. Said this before and I'll say it again, Sherdog jukebox has enhanced my life :)

I think most people know this tune but the 12" version is a little masterpiece. I've got a strong memory to this one too, made a post before about music being linked to memories and this isn't a great one but beautiful all the same. I was in my 40's when I first heard this, pissed off at some party with my ex thinking about calling it a day, this came on and the deal was sealed in my head. Production is weird and wonderful too.

Tunes are blaring in the weasel household, enjoying my drunken trip down memory lane :) As I was a big hip hop fan in the 80's got to represent, my favourite UK rapper Blade

And another 80's banging hip hop tune

Last edited:
Back