2023 College Football Playoffs Discussion ***National Champion Michigan Wolverines*** Transfer Portal

Was he the QB for "wide right 2"?
No that was Charlie Ward too.
Kanell was FSU's QB when they came back from a 31-3 fourth quarter deficit against someone in 94 and then their full season starter in 95.

Disagree. Let’s stop with this bowl bullshit and committees and expand to 24 teams like the FCS. They already keep a CFP top 25. Drop a team and get it in already. I like the idea of auto bids, but 9 is too many for football.

Unlike FCS, these kids are trying to stay healthy for the NFL.

More games, more injuries.

Does the BCS take boo boo’s and owies into account?
1/3 AP poll, 1/3 Coaches poll, 1/3 computers rankings.
The original formula was 50% polls and 50% computers but it got changed after 2003.

Disagree. Let’s stop with this bowl bullshit and committees and expand to 24 teams like the FCS. They already keep a CFP top 25. Drop a team and get it in already. I like the idea of auto bids, but 9 is too many for football.
FCS teams only play 11 regular season games and there are no FCS conference title games.

Too bad Struggle won't come back to Sherdog after his failed attempt at a takeover in the WR, he's being such a bitch on Twitter right now.

Unlike FCS, these kids are trying to stay healthy for the NFL.

More games, more injuries.
Well that’s a choice those kids will have to make for themselves then. Maybe the schools need to make sure their NIL’s make it worth it.

Too bad Struggle won't come back to Sherdog after his failed attempt at a takeover in the WR, he's being such a bitch on Twitter right now.

What did he do in the War Room?

What did he do in the War Room?
This was a few years ago but Struggle and some of the other more right wing posters in the WR were messaging each other to "take over" and troll as much as possible without getting banned. Somehow the mods got wind and banned everyone involved.

This was a few years ago but Struggle and some of the other more right wing posters in the WR were messaging each other to "take over" and troll as much as possible without getting banned. Somehow the mods got wind and banned everyone involved.

He is literally the Guy Fawkes of his generation

What do you think about a play-in game for the 4th spot? this year it could have been Alabama - Texas rematch, with FSU getting the 3rd spot.
I’d rather that than a 12 team playoff. Certainly more than a ridiculous 24 team playoff.

I’d like to keep at 4. I’m enjoying the tears.

Had a great day at the bar reminding UGA fans who runs this shit. ROLL TIDE

Final SOS rankings from the BCS computers:

Sagarin: Bama #12, FSU #61
Anderson and Hester: Bama #23, FSU #63
Billingsley Report: Bama #1, FSU #44
Colley Matrix: Bama #7, FSU #69
Massey: Bama #2, FSU #64

This is why we kneel.

People keep saying that this will drive FSU out of the ACC, but they are gonna need a landing spot, no?

I feel like if the SEC actually wanted them or Clemson, Miami etc. they would have added them already by now, and the Big 10 seemed to rather favor similar-caliber schools on the other side of the country.

I'm sure whenever college football just ends up as one or two mega conferences the few relevant brands looking out will find their ways in, but I think with PAC dead and a Texas/Oklahoma-less Big 12, the ACC is firmly the 3rd best conference and those schools wanting out will have to deal with it until the Big 10 decides it wants to expand south

People keep saying that this will drive FSU out of the ACC, but they are gonna need a landing spot, no?

I feel like if the SEC actually wanted them or Clemson, Miami etc. they would have added them already by now, and the Big 10 seemed to rather favor similar-caliber schools on the other side of the country.

I'm sure whenever college football just ends up as one or two mega conferences the few relevant brands looking out will find their ways in, but I think with PAC dead and a Texas/Oklahoma-less Big 12, the ACC is firmly the 3rd best conference and those schools wanting out will have to deal with it until the Big 10 decides it wants to expand south
They need to figure out financials first. The ACC exit fee is $120 mil but what really has them tied down (and probably why they didn't join the Big 10 earlier this year) is the GOR which runs through June 2036. We're talking something massive to get out of that, something like $300 million (and that's on the low end).
For FSU (and Clemson I guess), staying in the ACC gives you a much easier road to the new 12 team playoff. But if you're already $30+ million behind your peers every single year in revenue then how do you keep players and coaches from leaving?

Final SOS rankings from the BCS computers:

Sagarin: Bama #12, FSU #61
Anderson and Hester: Bama #23, FSU #63
Billingsley Report: Bama #1, FSU #44
Colley Matrix: Bama #7, FSU #69
Massey: Bama #2, FSU #64
The numbers don’t lie and they spell disaster for FSU!

Back