Media Alexander Volkanovski speaks on his loss to Ilia Topuria

He should let someone else challenge while he recuperates properly. Then challenge the winner in a year. If he fights within 6 months I think it would be a bad idea. But we’ll see what happens. Any champ that gets finished shouldn’t get an instant rematch. But he’ll probably get offered one.

If Conor actually comes back, he should just fight Volk, not Chandler. Makes more sense, they have the FW lineage background, both on a skid, both could do it at 170lbs or whatever fatshit weight and the build up would be fun.

He did the same when he lost to Islam. Just wait and watch. His excuses will start rolling out in in a few weeks.
He was freebasing PCP and battling cam girl addiction 4 weeks leading up to the fight.

If max beats gaethe , he should be next

Has the length of Herbert - who dripped
Topuria

And a chin of steel … NEVER been dropped once in all his fights

Greatbtakedown defense

I think he’s a harder matchup than Volk for topuria style wise …. And if Holloway beats gaethe - he deserves it - everyone’s counting him out against gaethe

If Max knew Volk was going to lose do any of you think he’d still have taken the Gaethje fight?

Topuria

Greatbtakedown defense

I think he’s a harder matchup than Volk for topuria style wise …. And if Holloway beats gaethe - he deserves it - everyone’s counting him out against gaethe
Would be smart of him but I think if Max beats Gaethje he sets his eyes on the LW weight strap. He’s already been FW champ why not try and become a two division champ.

Him getting another shot a FW gold feels like a back pocket fight for him as long as Volk isn’t the champ

Topuria

Greatbtakedown defense

Max's reach is eight inches shorter (69<77) than the reach of Herbert.

You are not wrong though that Topuria's eventual undoing will likely be a long and tall volume striker that refuses to cede the front foot.

Last edited:
Volk is my guy but he's clearly in the down slope. Instead of shooting for the title he should aim for a a few super fights to cash in on for retirement.

Take some time off fella.

Back