News Ali Abdelaziz "Umar Nurmagomedov vs Cory Sandhagen Is A Done Deal, No Date"

Black9

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Who you guys got? One of my most anticipated matchups for me.

Cory Sandhagen also confirmed the one fight that's being discussed was Umar just a few days ago.

Last edited:
I don't get how that's considered a done deal to Ali, especially if there's no location or date which seem like big enough factors before agreeing to a bout.
But yeah this is definitely one of the most interesting and harder fights to predict. Really fun fight however.

If it is on the Saudi card, I hope they make this a five rounder co-main similar to what they did with Yair/Ortega 2. A contenders fight like this needs that IMO.

I don't get how that's considered a done deal to Ali, especially if there's no location or date which seem like big enough factors before agreeing to a bout.
But yeah this is definitely one of the most interesting and harder fights to predict. Really fun fight however.

If it is on the Saudi card, I hope they make this a five rounder co-main similar to what they did with Yair/Ortega 2. A contenders fight like this needs that IMO.
It's possible UFC want to make a announcement for it so he's trying to hide the date?

After the whole Ariel incident, it seems like nobody wants to reveal the fight dates until UFC does.

I think the UFC Saudi card might be too good already, they'll probably make it a Fight Night Main event or maybe even the co-main on the Islam card.

It's possible UFC want to make a announcement for it so he's trying to hide the date?

After the whole Ariel incident, it seems like nobody wants to reveal the fight dates until UFC does.
That's true, I imagine they'd probably try to get it on the Saudi card.
Or maybe Cory pushed for it to be on it's own fight night or UFC 302 which would be smart on his part.

Abu Dhabi Fight Night main event in August

That's true, I imagine they'd probably try to get it on the Saudi card.
Or maybe Cory pushed for it to be on it's own fight night or UFC 302 which would be smart on his part.
Yeah i'm thinking it might be too big for the UFC saudi card since it's pretty stacked already.

It's probably going to be the co-main on the Islam card and/or its own fight night. As it's a solid main event on a fight night or Comain/3rd fight on a big card.
This fight deserves 5 rounds.

I don't think Ali is bullshitting on this one. Cory said something similar in a podcast just a few days ago.

If there's no date then it's not a done deal

Fan of both these guys. Easier to be a fan of Corey b/c of high lvl opponents, epic 5 rounders, and activity. But the reality is my mofo Cory McMustacherson is going to get screwed on location.

These 2 are super high level but ain't no body buying a seat to see them in Des Moines except hardcores. Put em on a Saudi or Abu Dhabi card and the Nurmagomedov name will have Sheik's chartering in and spending 5 figures on seats. Sometimes the math is too tough to argue and the Nurmagomedov name is just so marketable and monetizable in the Arab world.

Sucks for Cory but he's going to show up 100% ready regardless and hopefully paiddddddddd abou 2.5-3 fights worth to make it happen.

Cory's last 5 fights have been 5 rounders, 4 of which went the full 25 (1 still going a full 20 min). Umar on the other hand, has never had to compete past 15 minutes. I really hope they make the a 5R co-main event. Cory was choked out in 1st round by Aljo but that was also 4 years ago and he's shown significant improvements since then.

Back