Anyone else wanna see O'Malley vs Yan 2?

Shay Brennan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
If O'Malley gets past Merab that is.

Bad judging aside, the first fight was really good.
O'Malley was doing a great job at range, catching Yan with his jab and cross. While Yan was having more success on the inside, he caught Sean with big counters.
Those were the most impactful shots of the fight, those and the knee which Sean landed in the third that cut Yan.

Petr also showed great wrestling in this fight, landing takedowns in each round.

I'm interested how this fight would end if it's 5 rounds.
Sean has shown that he has a good gas tank and toughness in his last fight.
Same goes for Yan.

Who do you have winning and how?

Yan blew his ACL and meniscus at UFC 299. Have a doubt he's going to be fighting Sean anytime soon considering the run he's on and the injury.

It was a banger and I would definitely want to see a rematch, its possible in late 2025. Hope Petr has a good recovery.

Yan will probably need at least 2 more wins to fight for a title & he's currently injured, O'Malley may not be the champ if Yan can even work his way back to title contention.

I'd like to see the rematch eventually though.

I really would , but not only is it not in the cards at the moment, I kinda doubt Sean would ever fight him again

If Yan can pull together a few high level wins, yeah. Sure.

Yan won the first fight imo, but now Sean is clearly on a good streak when Yan is 1-3 in his last four. I'm a Yan fan but I don't really see it happening before at least 2 good wins.

Yan is probably going to be injured for at least a year and needs to win another fight after that.

i would, but Yan needs to pull some wins together. he had one of the unluckiest runs imaginable with a DQ followed by 2 split losses.

anyway merab owns all these dudes. and actually is working on english and social media presence. yan can only mumble a few words

Before getting his knee destroyed and his confidence battered, I'd have loved to see them fight again. In the current timeline it's no longer compelling.

If O'Malley gets past Merab that is.

O'Malley was doing a great job at range, catching Yan with his jab and cross. While Yan was having more success on the inside, he caught Sean with big counters.
Those were the most impactful shots of the fight, those and the knee which Sean landed in the third that cut Yan.

Petr also showed great wrestling in this fight, landing takedowns in each round.

I'm interested how this fight would end if it's 5 rounds.
Sean has shown that he has a good gas tank and toughness in his last fight.
Same goes for Yan.

Who do you have winning and how?
No no no.
There are actually interesting contenders: Merab and then presumptively Nurmagamedov if he wins his next fight impressively.

I’m absolutely clutching my pearls and appalled anyone could be talking Yan and Aldo. Who do you work for????

O'Malley is still the better striker with more power, and if he beats Merab then Yan pretty much has zero shot considering all Yan had an argument for last time was the grappling.

And O'Malley's a much better grappler these days after prepping for Sterling and Merab.

Judging was fine.

I don't agree with it, but it wasn't unacceptable.

O'malley won exactly like I said he would. Win a clear round, lose a clear round and get the nod from the close round.

No no no.
There are actually interesting contenders: Merab and then presumptively Nurmagamedov if he wins his next fight impressively.

I’m absolutely clutching my pearls and appalled anyone could be talking Yan and Aldo. Who do you work for????
I love how you say there are interesting contenders then you name the two most boring contenders possible.

I'm not saying they are undeserving, Just uninteresting.

Back