Crime Attempted shooting of a pastor in PA

How am I reacting? As long as his back is turned, I am doing what the other dude did. But this simply wouldn’t happen around me…because I don’t go to church.

The paster got involved right after. Just accepted his fate, thought about running and hiding, then realized "Oh shit, let's get this ninja."

That's pretty gangster.

Damn, the first dude that intervened AND the pastor had perfect opportunities for a RNC, but even more so to just snap his neck or crush their wind pipe.

Completely missed opportunity

The guy who tackled him was brave. Bravo.

Personally, if I am unarmed and in a location where someone pulls a weapon, I'm not fucking with them if its not pointed at me or my family. Getting the fuck outta there.

If I am carrying, he's dead if his back is turned to me.
Great answer, this is the correct one.

JFC, wtf is wrong with this forum?

1. Your immediate assumption without anything to indicate it is so shouldn't be that the pastor is a pedophile. He's the victim, here.

2. Armed security in churches? That's our solution to this? Armed security doesn't prevent assassinations. So, what's next, we screen parishioners with metal detectors before they fill the pews? If we have reached a place where we think the right thing to do is put armed security in churches....go back. Somewhere, we fucked up.

3. Who cares if it was a weak tackle? That dude just tackled a man with a gun unarmed. That takes balls of steel, I don't care if you're approaching from the back. Holy Mark Wahlberg "not on my watch" armchair quarterbacking. Settle the fuck down.

the pastor guy had an easy opportunity for a rear naked choke. he should have at least reigned some hellbows down on that guy. the dude tried to shoot him dead, motherfucker should have went to town on the guy.

Armed security in churches? That's our solution to this? Armed security doesn't prevent assassinations. So, what's next, we screen parishioners with metal detectors before they fill the pews? If we have reached a place where we think the right thing to do is put armed security in churches....go back. Somewhere, we fucked up.
Armed security currently exists in thousands of churches today. Has for years. From off-duty sheriffs to on-duty city police they've been in churches for quite some time.

I've been in a few services where a visitor caused a disruption and had to be removed.

Armed security in churches? That's our solution to this? Armed security doesn't prevent assassinations. So, what's next, we screen parishioners with metal detectors before they fill the pews? If we have reached a place where we think the right thing to do is put armed security in churches....go back. Somewhere, we fucked up.
Just a couple months ago two off duty cops serving as armed security stopped a shooter at the Houston mega church before people were slaughtered. In 2019 a firearms instructor killed a guy who came into his church with a shotgun, but that shooter was still able to kill two other church members.

In 2017 at a church in Southerland Springs a guy killed 26 and wounded 22 more people before a community member was able to return fire. You are right that's it's fucked up that we need armed security in a church, but it does appear to be the case.

Back