Boxing Discussion VIII

I would advise against betting Kovalev today boys, I've seen videos of him training and sparring and he looks washed, slow, sluggish, slow reactions, I know he's fighting a limited guy but at least he's young, hungry and can bang. I'm expecting Kov to get stopped mid to late :(

I have Usyk +100.

I think Usyk is the better boxer with better foot and head movement.
Usyk was +100 last Saturday. He was +115 last night. Today he's +125.

I'm on my way to Vegas right now. I'll probably add more when I arrive.

Fury looked better yesterday at the weigh-in than he looked against Francis Ngannou, so the public is switching sides. Not me.

Fury to get knocked down +240 $200
Either fighter to get knocked down from rounds 1-6 +750 $50
Usyk KO/TKO +500 $100

Fury to get knocked down +240 $200
Either fighter to get knocked down from rounds 1-6 +750 $50
Usyk KO/TKO +500 $100

$480
$150

$330 profit. Meh. Thought that could have been stopped. Ref saved Fury with that standing 8. Usyk robbed of a KO IMO.

Last edited:
Lukasz Rozanski +230 at home in Poland is tempting. Lawrence Okolie ss moving up to bridgerweight from CW. He’s on the road here, for the first time. Has a naturally boring sometimes tentative style, and loves to hold. The bending in and searching for grabs against Rozanski would be a bad idea. Puts him right in Rozanskis wheelhouse who searches for hard shots from the beginning bell.

Jack Catterall +110 is a solid bet. This being a rematch, most thought he beat Josh Taylor outright last time. It was in the home county for Taylor and he got the split. This round it’s in England. Taylor has seemed to declined since the first match. Suffered his first clear lost and has had many injuries. Catterall on paper should have improved and gained more experience with some tune ups and the Linares win. In a close match up this should be enough to point the needle the other way.

Lukasz Rozanski +230 at home in Poland is tempting. Lawrence Okolie ss moving up to bridgerweight from CW. He’s on the road here, for the first time. Has a naturally boring sometimes tentative style, and loves to hold. The bending in and searching for grabs against Rozanski would be a bad idea. Puts him right in Rozanskis wheelhouse who searches for hard shots from the beginning bell.

Jack Catterall +110 is a solid bet. This being a rematch, most thought he beat Josh Taylor outright last time. It was in the home county for Taylor and he got the split. This round it’s in England. Taylor has seemed to declined since the first match. Suffered his first clear lost and has had many injuries. Catterall on paper should have improved and gained more experience with some tune ups and the Linares win. In a close match up this should be enough to point the needle the other way.
catterall +110 doesn't exist

Patera/Cully is an interesting bout. Patera was a +700 dog to start, down to a bit over +300 at some books.

Bivol - Unanimous Decision @2,20 (5u)
Bivol - Unanimous Decision, 1+ KDs @5,00 (1u)

Liking Umara tonight, be wary of tailing as money has come in against him today. Currently +425 at my book, I have a parlay going with him by KO at +900.

Last edited:
Bivol - Unanimous Decision @2,20 (5u)
Bivol - Unanimous Decision, 1+ KDs @5,00 (1u)
Cancelled the first bet. Bivol doesn’t have much finishing instinct but he did beat the breaks off Arthur. I feel like most corners would throw in the towel.

Back