Rumored Canelo vs Crawford

Who wins?

• Total voters
nah, im good. there are better fights to be made.

better to be outboxed than smashed to bits, canelo will be all over this

Glad this has been put back on life support for the third time.
Neither one was going to fight the matches we all wanted to see anyways....
So why not settle for this freak show fight to prove how All Time Great Bud really is.

There are no interesting opponents for Canelo other than Benavidez or Morrell. Those ain't happening anytime soon.

Last edited:
Glad this has been put back on life support for the third time.
Neither one was going to fight the matches we all wanted to see anyways....
So why not settle for this freak show fight to prove how All Time Great Bud reallybis.

There are no interesting opponents for Canelo other than Benavidez or Morrell. Those ain't happening anytime soon.
I agree with your assessment. That's what we're going to get, like it or not. Turki seems dead set on making it. I've warmed up to it more recently for some of the reasons you just gave.

Turki is a casual. Canelo is too smart to fight Crawford because he has little to gain and lots to lose if he loses or goes life and death with a 37 year old welter. I doubt he even fights him for 100m. His legacy is worth more to him.

Turki is a casual. Canelo is too smart to fight Crawford because he has little to gain and lots to lose if he loses or goes life and death with a 37 year old welter. I doubt he even fights him for 100m. His legacy is worth more to him.
If Canelo actually cared about his legacy, he would fight good opponents instead of bums. I think he just wants money. He'll fight any opponent if you pay him enough money.

I agree with your assessment. That's what we're going to get, like it or not. Turki seems dead set on making it. I've warmed up to it more recently for some of the reasons you just gave.
If Canelo does it he is clearly doing it for the money. I kind of agree with it being a "lose lose fight" for him. But there has always been the "Canelo doesn't fight slick black fighters" critique....or more specifically you hear certain toxic fans specify "slick African Americans."
If he beats Crawford he can kind of dismiss those weird criticisms forever.

Its also clear that even with his weak resume, Crawford is the best guy at 147 & would be the heavy favorite against anyone at 154. I wonder if that helps avenge his loss to Floyd a bit. Knowing you couldn't beat the top welterweight in your inexperience and youth, but now you could potentially dominate the current welterweight king. May be a moral victory in that.

I remember that was one of the main reasons I backed Spence & rooted for him. I thought if Spence won he was more likely to chase Canelo for a showdown at the Cowboy's stadium. Plus size wise it seemed more practical.

If Canelo does it he is clearly doing it for the money. I kind of agree with it being a "lose lose fight" for him. But there has always been the "Canelo doesn't fight slick black fighters" critique....or more specifically you hear certain toxic fans specify "slick African Americans."
but he just beat Jermell Charlo. or does that not count? was he not slick or black enough?

i dunno man i think Crawford is just too small.

but he just beat Jermell Charlo. or does that not count? was he not slick or black enough?

i dunno man i think Crawford is just too small.
Its not my argument. Just one of the many digs people had at Canelo prior to that fight.
I think highly of Jermell's career and talent in the ring. Canelo dominated him. Several levels above.

The only digs at Canelo that are legit in my opinion are the tests & Benavidez.

Sure Crawford is small. But that's what all time greats do. To me it doesn't make a ton of sense to gush over guys like Duran Leonard Hearns Robinson etc & not get excited by having a guy in the current era try to go up as far as they can go.

Especially if they are not interested in fighting Boots, Ortiz, or becoming undisputed at 54

If Canelo actually cared about his legacy, he would fight good opponents instead of bums. I think he just wants money. He'll fight any opponent if you pay him enough money.
He does fight good opponents. There's 1 fight that hasn't been made yet that people want to see. That doesn't disqualify his whole resume.

They said the same thing about Floyd.
But I wouldn't really put Crawford in the "slick" department.
And whos a slick black guy he can fight?
There really isnt any.

He does fight good opponents. There's 1 fight that hasn't been made yet that people want to see. That doesn't disqualify his whole resume.
Canelo usually fights good opponents, but also usually on the most favorable terms. KO'ing Kovalev to win 175 belt looks good on the resume, until you scratch the surface and realize he made Kovalev turn around only 2 months after a war with Anthony Yarde AND with a rehydration clause. Canelo very rarely takes on the toughest challenges without stacking the deck. On the occasions he does, he either loses or wins in a controversial manner.

Back