Chandler has now spent the majority of his UFC career waiting for Conor fight

I would think the rest has done him a lot of good but with conor saying he's ready to fight and dana saying he doesn't know when he's coming back maybe its time to move on.

Last edited:
200w.gif

1-4 LW record
0 title defenses
3 retirements
Panic wrestles: Absolutely

If you read what Dana has been saying or just said it it barely makes any sense.

~~~~

However, UFC President Dana White has since said that McGregor will now fight in the autumn and when explaining the reason for the delay, White said it was as a result of the broken tibia McGregor suffered in his trilogy fight against Dustin Poirier three years ago at UFC 264.

“First of all, he is coming back from one of the nastiest injuries you can come back from,” White said in an interview with Kevin Iole.

“How long was Anderson Silva out when he did it? How long was Chris Weidman out when he did it? The guys who break that bone (are out a long time), so that’s an issue right there, No. 1. No. 2 is, Conor McGregor doesn’t need the f—g money.

~~~~

How can the UFC and Conor not know where his leg is at. Conor doesn't need the money, etc., etc., etc. Conor is asking for a fight in media and sparing and says he is ready.

Makes 0 sense to me lol.

<Neil01>
"How long was Anderson Silva out for?" Funny you should ask...13 months. How long has Conor been out? To date...31 months. Sure Weidman was out 25 months but he should have never came back for plenty of other reasons. And maybe this had something to do with his time away. "As of mid-June, he had already returned to light training within seven weeks after sustaining the injury.[89] Weidman then underwent a second surgery as the fracture was not healing properly."

Dana is such a fucking clown.

"How long was Anderson Silva out for?" Funny you should ask...13 months. How long has Conor been out? To date...31 months. Sure Weidman was out 25 months but he should have never came back for plenty of other reasons. And maybe this had something to do with his time away. "As of mid-June, he had already returned to light training within seven weeks after sustaining the injury.[89] Weidman then underwent a second surgery as the fracture was not healing properly."

Dana is such a fucking clown.
Yeah but they aint paying Weidman what they are paying Conor

He really should have taken fights bc it's not like he'd lose the opportunity to fight him even if he lost 3 in a row they'd still let them fight.

The amount of money he lost out on by not taking fights has got to be way more than what he'd earn for Conor. He seriously could and should have 3-4 fights by now.

I disagree... as soon as Chandler accepts another fight, the UFC would sign Conor to a winnable fight.

Like Tony.

I disagree... as soon as Chandler accepts another fight, the UFC would sign Conor to a winnable fight.

Like Tony.
They could literally do that at anytime, doesn't matter if Chandler takes a different fight or not. My point is he shouldn't have banked on the fight in the first place and taken other fights to stay active and get paid and hope that down the line it would happen but if not oh well.

I gave you a like hoping you're kidding
Well I was kind of serious but just actually looked up his earnings and he gets paid a lot more then I thought. He made $500k/$500k show and win money against Tony. Made a flat $500k vs Dustin, $350k vs Justin, $250k vs Charles and Hooker. Another $220k in bonuses and add in the Reebok coupons or whatever they call the fight week sponsor pay and he has made $2618500 in his 5 UFC fights. Not sure if he was able to get any PPV money but that is over $500k per fight.

I am very surprised by those numbers tbh. I am also surprised by how much money people make creating content for Youtube channels and Podcasts etc. Chandlers profile among the casuals would have risen a lot coming to the UFC but I wouldn't be surprised if it rose a lot more from the McGregor connection. Look at Nate Diaz. Had RDA not been injured he never likely fights Conor and he doesn't become the star he is with casuals. Conor benefitted from that as well. The Nate fights propelled him into the MayMac fight that set him up for life. Does that happen without Nate?

Such a waste and I was hoping Chandler would come in and get the title and prove to everybody he wasn't just a Bellator B-sider. Conor is irrelevant to the rankings so in hindsight Chandler should have stayed active. The only thing I can think of is that the money he's hoping to get from fighting McGregor is worth more than anything else and is possibly planning on either retiring afterwards or just trying to set himself up financially that whatever happens in his career after that fight doesn't hurt his future.
Chandler is almost 40. He has no reason to try to fight for the title, and he already lost to the top contenders.

Canor vs Candler is never going to happen.

Well I was kind of serious but just actually looked up his earnings and he gets paid a lot more then I thought. He made $500k/$500k show and win money against Tony. Made a flat $500k vs Dustin, $350k vs Justin, $250k vs Charles and Hooker. Another $220k in bonuses and add in the Reebok coupons or whatever they call the fight week sponsor pay and he has made $2618500 in his 5 UFC fights. Not sure if he was able to get any PPV money but that is over $500k per fight.

I am very surprised by those numbers tbh. I am also surprised by how much money people make creating content for Youtube channels and Podcasts etc. Chandlers profile among the casuals would have risen a lot coming to the UFC but I wouldn't be surprised if it rose a lot more from the McGregor connection. Look at Nate Diaz. Had RDA not been injured he never likely fights Conor and he doesn't become the star he is with casuals. Conor benefitted from that as well. The Nate fights propelled him into the MayMac fight that set him up for life. Does that happen without Nate?

Don't forget what they paid him for TUF.

This is like standing in line and waiting for something that came out like five years ago.

Just how Conor wants it. Let him age, then demand he fights at a weight where Chandler will have to gain and be slow/bloated. Now, Conor/UFC are just waiting to hear the Chandler has some sort of medium level injury so they can swoop in with a fight contract on 6-8 weeks notice.

They could literally do that at anytime, doesn't matter if Chandler takes a different fight or not. My point is he shouldn't have banked on the fight in the first place and taken other fights to stay active and get paid and hope that down the line it would happen but if not oh well.

I agree. UFC could screw Mike over at any point. I just think Dana likes him and doesn't want to outwardly screw Chandler over. He would rather Chandler get impatient and decide to fight someone else.

I also think Conor's contract extension is a big hurdle too. He's aging out and I'm sure demands more money than any other fighter, plus freedom, but also... he's not reliable as a person and he probably has 2 high level fights left in him. Dana needs to lock him down, but can't over pay him too badly.

In hindsight it's easier to look at the Conor situation and put a hard deadline on it. But maybe Chandler is is feeling the same way I do about Conor. He probably only has 2 or 3 big fights left in him. Rather take the dream match-up, earn millions, and have a great shot at winning/springboarding back into title contention.

Back