Rumored David Morrell vs Radivoje Kalajdzic PBC Prime Video June

i'd prefer to see morrell stay at 168. i know he's big, but he looks like the future of the division. i'd bet on him vs pretty much everyone there, including canelo and benavidez.

at 175, i'd honestly see him as a pretty big underdog for both bivol and beterbiev. there are some tough sons of bitches in that division.

i'd prefer to see morrell stay at 168. i know he's big, but he looks like the future of the division. i'd bet on him vs pretty much everyone there, including canelo and benavidez.

at 175, i'd honestly see him as a pretty big underdog for both bivol and beterbiev. there are some tough sons of bitches in that division.
I would assume the move is to chase Benavidez who is already scheduled a tough fight at 175.

Everyone knows Biev is vulnerable and has many miles. Guess they figure Biev & Bivol will take something permanent out of eachother in that war. So they should be easier for the new guard to challenge.

But yet another top guy that just isn't active enough. Who's talent far surpasses his name recognition. I think Plant or Charlo would be better fights for him to become a bigger draw. Nobody really wants to fight a dude that good that is as criminally under promoted as he is.

I would assume the move is to chase Benavidez who is already scheduled a tough fight at 175.

Everyone knows Biev is vulnerable and has many miles. Guess they figure Biev & Bivol will take something permanent out of eachother in that war. So they should be easier for the new guard to challenge.

But yet another top guy that just isn't active enough. Whose talent far surpasses his name recognition. I think Plant or Charlo would be better fights for him to become a bigger draw. Nobody really wants to fight a dude that good that is as criminally under promoted as he is.
What frustrates me is the why in it all. I understand guys being avoided like Rigo a decade ago, but a guy like Morrell? WHY?!?!? He wants the fights, says the right shit in the interviews, puts on visually enjoyable destructions, and for some reason he’s being blocked instead of being the lightning rod for the division. Someone being good should be a plus not a negative, fans should throw money at the possibility to see this guy fight and be measured, but instead we get Haney/Garcia years after it ever would have been even mildly intriguing.

But yet another top guy that just isn't active enough. Who's talent far surpasses his name recognition. I think Plant or Charlo would be better fights for him to become a bigger draw. Nobody really wants to fight a dude that good that is as criminally under promoted as he is.
oh definitely, he should be fighting 3 times a year and knocking people's heads off. i hope he makes it to the big fights though, he seems like a generational talent.

I'm all for Morrell chasing Benavidez to 175. Beterbiev and Bivol have proven to be far above everyone else in the division, and neither Benavidez nor Morrell is getting a shot at Canelo at 168, so why not add them to 175 and see how much noise they can make. They can always come back down to smash Munguia if he somehow pulls off a miracle and dethrones Canelo.

I'm all for Morrell chasing Benavidez to 175. Beterbiev and Bivol have proven to be far above everyone else in the division, and neither Benavidez nor Morrell is getting a shot at Canelo at 168, so why not add them to 175 and see how much noise they can make. They can always come back down to smash Munguia if he somehow pulls off a miracle and dethrones Canelo.
Morrell at 175 = take my fucking money

Is this the main event for the first free card or part of the Tank/Benavidez PPV?

I've seen a few tweets indicaing it's on the PPV. One hell of a card! Take my money PBC!

I think both Benavidez & Morrell could make noise at LHW. It'd be nice to see them fight each other there as well. They're both big guys and they won't have to cut as much at 175 like they had to at 168. That might make the match-up even better.

Fun fact: Hot Rod (Kalajdzic) is credited with scoring a knockdown against Beterbiev when they fought. I don't think it should've counted but that's what the ref ruled it as. This fight makes sense for Morrell as an introductory fight at LHW.

Fun fact: Hot Rod (Kalajdzic) is credited with scoring a knockdown against Beterbiev when they fought. I don't think it should've counted but that's what the ref ruled it as. This fight makes sense for Morrell as an introductory fight at LHW.
i expect this to be a showcase for morrell. obviously anything can happen - cough ryan garcia cough - but morrell should fucking wreck kalajdzic.

i expect this to be a showcase for morrell. obviously anything can happen - cough ryan garcia cough - but morrell should fucking wreck kalajdzic.
Most likely. That's why I called Kalajdzic an introductory fight. He's not expected to win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luminous Knight
Back