Did John Fury cost Tyson Fury the fight? Told him to "coast"

Leon Edwards

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
In the press conference Tyson said going into the 11th and 12th he thought he was up so did not step on the gas. He said his corner told him that he was up

During the fight John fury was constantly talking over sugar hill. sugar hill is the trainer who was not able to give clear instructions due to John.

John actually told fury he was winning and that he should "coast"

Last edited:
In the press conference Tyson said going into the 11th and 12th he thought he was up so did not step on the gas.
so he only lost because he stopped fighting? i don't think that's quite the excuse he thinks it is. if he actually had done that, he would've been retarded and would've deserved to lose.

he didn't lose because of a miscalculation of the scorecards. he lost because usyk boxed his ears off and scrambled his brain in the process.

In the press conference Tyson said going into the 11th and 12th he thought he was up so did not step on the gas. He said his corner told him that he was up

During the fight John fury was constantly talking over sugar hill. sugar hill is the trainer who was not able to give clear instructions due to John.

John actually told fury he was winning and that he should "coast"
Well, that's certainly wasn't good advice.

A lot of cornermen tell their fighters that they're up even when they're not. John Fury probably thought that the decision would go their way and not to risk getting knocked out. Usyk always closes strong so he was likely going to win the late rounds regardless of whether Tyson chose to coast or not.

Why in the world did he let his loudmouth dad in the corner? I’m not saying that’s why he lost, but the spoke over sugar at every turn. You can’t have multiple voices in the corner, stupid stuff.

To be honest, even if I do not agree with his father, Tyson still almost won a decision (one of the judges actually scored it for him), so his dad wasn't that far off.

If Tyson pushed the fight toward the end he might have been stopped by Usyk too.

His dad probably assumed that the judges would favor Tyson like they usually do. And they did, but thankfully in the end it still wasn't enough.

To be honest, even if I do not agree with his father, Tyson still almost won a decision (one of the judges actually scored it for him), so his dad wasn't that far off.

If Tyson pushed the fight toward the end he might have been stopped by Usyk too.

His dad probably assumed that the judges would favor Tyson like they usually do. And they did, but thankfully in the end it still wasn't enough.
One of the judges did score it 114-113 for Fury but this was the same guy that scored Usyk vs Briedis a draw. Craig Metcalfe has a track record of dissenting against the other judges that've scored in favor of Usyk.

Both guys were pretty gassed at the end. It was the punch that staggered Fury and the following punches before the standing 8 count that won Usyk the fight. He was losing the round before that. If it's 9-10 instead of 10-8 Usyk loses. Never mind how it affected the remainder of the fight.

His dag gave him terrible advice

Tyson should kick john out of his team. the guy is nothing but troube and an embarrassment for Tyson and the entire family aswell.
The headbutt on the much smaller young guy was appalling. That is some pussy shit and on top of that he took more damage from it than the dude.

Fury's recovering ability is like Wolverine or some shit.

When you saw the state of him at the end of that round he got almost finished in, he comes back and looks fine. His output was almost gone in that round but still....I know we've seen that before but it never ceases to amaze.

John is just another reason I picked Usyk to win at least legitimately, Usyk would have got robbed if he didn’t get at least one knockdown in this fight I knew that for sure , they had another judge there who scored against Usyk in the Breidas fight .

John is just another reason I picked Usyk to win at least legitimately, Usyk would have got robbed if he didn’t get at least one knockdown in this fight I knew that for sure , they had another judge there who scored against Usyk in the Breidas fight .
When Usyk started coming back into the fight, I was like... OK he is still in this but he cant just win rounds he has got to score some knockdowns to win this fight. Great minds.

<5>

Back