Dustin v Islam is fake news and sherdog fell for it

Its a pretty safe bet. Why not wait a few days for 300 just in case a better fight can be made.

I don't think many sherdoggers were dying on this hill lol. Its just a placeholder. I think you created this argument in your head brah

Islam can't fight in August lmao they're going to Australia, likely headlined by DDP vs Adesanya. Just more blatant hating if anyone really thinks Islam should be bumped down to a co-main event. Not happening.

Put him on Conors card <lol>

Its a pretty safe bet. Why not wait a few days for 300 just in case a better fight can be made.

I don't think many sherdoggers were dying on this hill lol. Its just a placeholder. I think you created this argument in your head brah

@blaseblase probably was just as confident that there was no way Strickland would get the chance to fight Adesanya when he didn't deserve it lol. :p <Moves>

Islam can't fight in August lmao they're going to Australia, likely headlined by DDP vs Adesanya. Just more blatant hating if anyone really thinks Islam should be bumped down to a co-main event. Not happening.
Islam can't fight in August because he'd maybe have to be a co-main event to a higher championship fight like the rules say.

Okay.

What part of the bath tub were you in? I hope it was at least on the edges.

Islam can't fight in August because he'd maybe have to be a co-main event to a higher championship fight like the rules say.

Okay.

What part of the bath tub were you in? I hope it was at least on the edges.

It's a business bro. Islam has headlined 3 PPVs in a row. If you were his manager why would you want him to take a step down in any aspect?

Who do you think is headlining 302 in June? UFC doesn't have many options, they seem reluctant to let Edwards/Muhammad 2 headline anywhere.

Islam haters keep moving the goalposts lol <lmao>

- Islam should fight during Ramadan
- Islam should fight in co-main events

coming soon:

- Islam should fight on Apex cards
- Islam should headline Contender Series cards

Islam haters keep moving the goalposts lol <lmao>

- Islam should fight during Ramadan
- Islam should fight in co-main events

coming soon:

- Islam should fight on Apex cards
- Islam should headline Contender Series cards

I'm just glad for you at least Makhachev's balls must be clean in the tub.

It's a business bro. Islam has headlined 3 PPVs in a row. If you were his manager why would you want him to take a step down in any aspect?

Who do you think is headlining 302 in June? UFC doesn't have many options, they seem reluctant to let Edwards/Muhammad 2 headline anywhere.
Islam has headlined his last 3 PPVs because 2 were in Abu Dhabi for him and the other was in Australia for the FW challenger they were letting him fight instead of an actual LW contender.

Oh wait. That's the pattern. Islam only fights when and where it's to his benefit. Exactly like he's trying to do here by making people quickly turn around for June after hard fights or have to wait until he once again fights in Abu Dhabi because he won't fight anywhere or time else.

5E440B2385C1959F74AF5E719BE2E589D97ACF72

No wonder everybody's calling him out on his bullshit these days.

Yeah, I totally made this up. These threads don't exist or anything.

Every fighter on the UFC roster is ducking Islam confirmed :)

Lmao what happened to Poirier fighting Islam? Backtracking already?

I already said it's his if the winners this weekend don't take it. If someone this weekend somehow gets a first round KO, takes zero damage and is willing to turn around for June of course they'd get the shot over Poirier, I never said otherwise.

He headlined 3 ppvs in a row because they were in abu dhabi, and because he had big stars as dance partners. We have no metrics to suggest he's even a big PPV seller, or even a huge gate seller out of abu dhabi. Him headlining a few ppvs doesn't mean he needs to he the headline for every card he's ever on from now on. Even guys like GSP and penn didn't headline every card they were on as champs.

What are the exact stipulations and caveats that you think must be met for an islam fight to be made?

This past weekend Dustin Poirier made a Facebook post saying Islam is next. Virtually the entire forum took it as gospel that the fight had been scheduled. I was one of the few to push back on it. There was no announcement from the UFC, there was no statement from Islam, no official news about this at all. This was merely Dustin putting the idea into the ether and hoping it would happen. And it led to multiple days of everyone debating a fake matchup.

Meanwhile Dustin just did a podcast interview admitting he hasn't heard anything from the UFC

Dustin's social media posts are not to be trusted or taken as news. Let's recall that the last social media post he made that blew up was him claiming he wasn't fighting Benoit Saint-Denis.
Lol, Poirier said on Theos Podcast that a fight will be announced shortly. You've been not wanting this fight to happen from the get go btw. Both fighters want it and nothing you said proves that it's not gonna happen.

Even if the UFC announces it it wouldn't be a reliable source nowadays.

Lol, Poirier said on Theos Podcast that a fight will be announced shortly. You've been not wanting this fight to happen from the get go btw. Both fighters want it and nothing you said proves that it's not gonna happen.

What happened to that fight announcement you said was coming bud? Islam just wants to fight, he doesn't care about Poirier. Poirier wishcasting is meaningless, he doesn't make the fights. He realizes he probably is never going to get a title fight again so he's shooting his shot on social media.

What happened to that fight announcement you said was coming bud? Islam just wants to fight, he doesn't care about Poirier. Poirier wishcasting is meaningless, he doesn't make the fights. He realizes he probably is never going to get a title fight again so he's shooting his shot on social media.
I just now said it, Poirier just said it this week. Lol, I've never said anything about a fight announcement until today. Also, Poirier didn't say it would be Islam, he just said they have a fight announcement coming soon. I posted the podcast in one of the Dustin threads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luminous Knight
Back