PlayStation Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth

Played the first game and loved it, but I think I will wait for everything to be released before picking this up. Don't have a PS5 and probably will never get one, but I imagine at some point they will do a box set. And holy hell two PS5 discs. How fucking long will this game be?
That's what I said from day 1..I'll just wait until its complete.

so there's a strong possibility Aeries won't die?

There's a chance but who knows how big that chance is
Aerith's death was kind of the whole point of OG FF7 (her sacrifice, Holy and the lifestream at final cutscene). Maybe she won't meet her end at the Forgotten City but unless they completely scramble the whole macro-story up (which I hope they won't) she is definitely going to get fucking impaled.

<BC1>

Aerith's death was kind of the whole point of OG FF7 (her sacrifice, Holy and the lifestream at final cutscene). Maybe she won't meet her end at the Forgotten City but unless they completely scramble the whole macro-story up (which I hope they won't) she is definitely going to get fucking impaled.

<BC1>
heh, but it's been done and we know it's coming. Tifa on the otherhand

Anyone going to play the mobile game releasing this Thursday? I don't think I've ever looked forward to a mobile release in my life but I've heard good things about it in the beta.

Anyone going to play the mobile game releasing this Thursday? I don't think I've ever looked forward to a mobile release in my life but I've heard good things about it in the beta.
Idk, only stuff that seems interesting is the new Sephiroth lore.

I'm a Series-X owner, but wish I could play this. Part 1&2.

Haven't played a FF game since FFX & the only FF game I've ever beat was FF8.

I'm a Series-X owner, but wish I could play this. Part 1&2.

Haven't played a FF game since FFX & the only FF game I've ever beat was FF8.

Might happen soon now that Xbox and Square seemed to have made up. You'll have to wait a bit for Rebirth though after release. The new CEO seems to be wanting to step away from all the exclusive contract stuff. Not sure how good of an idea that is considering they were being paid by Sony and I don't think FF will sell well enough on Xbox to pass up on the money but I guess that really depends on how much money is being traded. Guess we will see what happens.

I loved FF7 Remake. While FF16 was also great, Remake is still on top to me. I've played through it almost twice (got the last boss fight the second time but didn't beat him) and I still want to play it all over again on PC. Which I will do eventually.

They found a script writer and he's set to write the script winter 2023 and game will begin production sometime Summer 2025.

Apparently we'll see a State of Play update soon, featuring FF7: Rebirth, Stellar Blade and other games from Asian studios.

Kind of disappointed by the reactions that nobody recognized Kujata. I always thought he had such a cool attack, he's one of the most forgotten summons in the series. He's in the trailer at 1:50 after what appears to be Alexander and before Odin.

kjata.jpg

They're really milking this shit until everyone who played the original is either too arthritic or dead to enjoy it
<mma3>

I'm interested to see where these deviations are taking us.

Also no Cid til Part 3 then

Cid will be in this one, they just haven't shown him yet. Unless the game ends right when you get Vincent, which would be weird. Cid is the next town after that.

Thats what i thought but with this trilogy being a alt universe type of thing who knows anymore

Looks like Part 2 ends at "The Forgotten Capital"
https://blog.playstation.com/2023/0...tails-as-new-trailer-debuts-at-state-of-play/

Final Fantasy VII Remake showed the story up until the escape from Midgar, but what point does Final Fantasy VII Rebirth take us up to?

Nomura: We have mentioned this a few times before, but the order in which you can explore the locations is not the same as the original Final Fantasy VII, and there are some shifts in the order. For example, Wutai, one of the major locations, is not part of the route in Final Fantasy VII Rebirth and will be visited in the next one. Although there are some changes in the order of the locations, the locations depicted in this title extend up to "The Forgotten Capital," where the greatest fate of Final Fantasy VII awaits you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luminous Knight
Back