France

Never been there but would love to see it.

Not just places like Paris but the country side too, but being American not sure if they'd kindly to me.

Just try to not be an asshole and you'll be fine. Learn some basic French and they'll take you a lot more seriously. I'm there right now and bad Americans stick out like a sore thumb, saying dumb shit way too loud with a piercing accent

Hate Paris . It's a shit hole. Everywhere else I've been to in France has been okay though . And as long as you're polite and TRY to speak French most folks are okay , except waiters and shop staff who can be a bit ... difficult...the service in France is somewhat different to the service you expect in the US..
What major cities do you like?

I love Paris. The food and sites. The ease of the metro. The markets and bars. Its dirty for sure.

What were you doing at the time? The whole city went bananas at the time it happened. It was an experience for sure.
It has happened as I flew into France, and then looking we arrived at the airport to alot of military guys w berets on w automatic weapons. Security super tight. We took a train to Brussels and then they locked that city down cos the perpetrators were hiding there. Insanity. We went for a concert a few weeks later which ultimately did happen but it was all touch and go and being in a unfamiliar territory while such madness was going on was def extremely tense....

When we got through it ok it made me appreciate life alot more...

My wife is fluent and my French is passable so that helps a lot. But, it’s also not that hard of a language to learn when you compare it to Japanese or something like that.
There are significant French influences in the English language. Yes it is one of the easy languages for English speakers.

I've had family that have vacationed in France. I remember them saying it wasn't bad but it wasn't their favorite country to see. A story I recall on one of their trips involved a French taxi driver. My family needed a ride but the taxi driver kept indicating he didn't speak English. A relative said he would give a large tip for the ride, and next thing they know the taxi drover spoke english.

I've had family that have vacationed in France. I remember them saying it wasn't bad but it wasn't their favorite country to see. A story I recall on one of their trips involved a French taxi driver. My family needed a ride but the taxi driver kept indicating he didn't speak English. A relative said he would give a large tip for the ride, and next thing they know the taxi drover spoke english.
I remember a Mexican dude told me he went to France once. When he got off of the airport he was expecting to see white French folks, but all he saw were Africans and Chinese when he was out of the airport. He said he felt disappointed hahaha!

What major cities do you like?

I love Paris. The food and sites. The ease of the metro. The markets and bars. Its dirty for sure.

In France?

Most of the places I've been are obviously a lot smaller than Paris as it's their biggest city.

Montbeliard
Belfort
Mulhouse
Strasbourg

Best thing about Paris was when we sat down near the Eiffel tower and a young couple sat behind my wife with the attractive young lady wearing a short dress with very skimpy underwear on and was very much in my eyeline and very aware of it ...

Well , that and being sat on a balcony watching the lights on the buildings in the distance...

In France?

Most of the places I've been are obviously a lot smaller than Paris as it's their biggest city.

Montbeliard
Belfort
Mulhouse
Strasbourg

Best thing about Paris was when we sat down near the Eiffel tower and a young couple sat behind my wife with the attractive young lady wearing a short dress with very skimpy underwear on and was very much in my eyeline and very aware of it ...

Well , that and being sat on a balcony watching the lights on the buildings in the distance...
I was trying to figure out if you hated all large major cities NYC, Rome, London or just Paris.

I am not a fan of London or Tokyo so I understand that not all cities are for everyone.

I was trying to figure out if you hated all large major cities NYC, Rome, London or just Paris.

I am not a fan of London or Tokyo so I understand that not all cities are for everyone.

Of those you mentioned, London I like generally , Paris I loathe, NYC never been to and Rome is on the list but COVID buggered that up... it'll come in time , same as Athens.

Back