General MMA Discussion & Future Lines- 2020

Looks like we’re going to miss the chance for the big Jeff Molina fade, it’s being reported that he’s been suspended by Nevada state for non-testing reasons.

Krause and his nonsense claim another one

Question:
Is Mostbet a legit bookie?
Has anyone bet there,made withdrawals?
I'm interested because they have lines for future UFC fights that no one else has

First real reason to get interested in Paul fight because he at least competing against people with ambitions to be successful in the sport. Even if they are on the weaker side on talent.
Now his wins actually mean something as they are not just sideshow "boxers".

DK now taking late swap away from MMA. So last minute scratches mean you're fucked if you have that fighter in lineups. They say they've gotten feedback from users and that late swap led to a "negative user experience". How?

Stupid. It's catering to the people who play a zillion lineups in the GP's is what it is. They'll always have plenty of lineups without the scratched fighter so they are still in the running for the big prizes.

Shitbag decision imo, maybe just pass on DK going forward.

DK now taking late swap away from MMA. So last minute scratches mean you're fucked if you have that fighter in lineups. They say they've gotten feedback from users and that late swap led to a "negative user experience". How?

Stupid. It's catering to the people who play a zillion lineups in the GP's is what it is. They'll always have plenty of lineups without the scratched fighter so they are still in the running for the big prizes.

DFS is all but dead in Australia. DK left so we only have one of the 3 original DFS sites left...

People who spam 1000 entries just ruin what should be a great idea. It's shite, haven't played it for years now. Won't last much longer I don't think. Is it big there?

DFS is all but dead in Australia. DK left so we only have one of the 3 original DFS sites left...

People who spam 1000 entries just ruin what should be a great idea. It's shite, haven't played it for years now. Won't last much longer I don't think. Is it big there?

Yeah, but stuff like this will turn off casual players.

I already switched to PrizePicks a week ago. Way easier to make money. I made more in 1 week on PrizePicks than I did in 2022 on DraftKings.

If you haven't tried it yet, I recommend doing so. Send me a PM if you want me to explain how to use it.

I already switched to PrizePicks a week ago. Way easier to make money. I made more in 1 week on PrizePicks than I did in 2022 on DraftKings.

If you haven't tried it yet, I recommend doing so. Send me a PM if you want me to explain how to use it.

I've heard of it and I think I mostly have the concept down (I just read a bit about it). I think I am gonna do it instead. DK just seems to continuously make decisions that are only in the best interests of the guys who play the max # of lineups. I won 2 GPP's last year on DK (split the pot but nice wins) so I made $ and I loved the late swap but this move probably pushes me to another platform (likely PrizePicks).

Looking into some future fights on my day off here, and I see value on Gane for sure. I think there are a lot of moving parts on this one, and the line is off because of them.

I think it's a bizarre combination of recency bias and selective memory to a degree. Here's what I mean:

The recency bias is due to Gane being taken down and controlled by Ngannou. I think some may now have the thought that this is "the path" to beating Gane. I think that's a massive oversimplification. I think the success that Francis had with his grappling was in large part due to the fact that Gane didn't for a second think that Frances would ever attempt to make it a grappling match. I think it took him completely off guard, and that element of surprise factored in heavily. I also think that Ngannou's massive size played a role.

With Jones, I think the selective memory comes in because we're all thinking of all the greatness of his past and the potential he maybe still has. What we aren't thinking about is his dogshit performance vs Reyes or his disinterested snoozers vs Santos and Lionheart. The thing to really focus on is that these were his LAST 3 FIGHTS. Now, I think it's probably fair to say distractions and Jones being bored with the division had something to do with that. Still, when we really look at this we're seeing a guy who:

A) Looked anything but dominant in his last 3 fights
B) Hasn't fought in THREE YEARS
C) Is moving up a weight class
D) Is fighting a guy who is not only naturally bigger, but can still move like a LHW

When we factor in all of this...I'm really not sure how Jones should be a slight favorite. I cap Gane around -175 or so. Would I be absolutely stunned if Jones comes in looking terrific and gets the win? No. He's one of the best (maybe THE best when completely on his game) do ever do it. But there are just soooooo many things that need to line up correctly for us to see that version of Jones. I'd rather ride with the true HW with a terrific skillset as a slight dog.

Looking into some future fights on my day off here, and I see value on Gane for sure. I think there are a lot of moving parts on this one, and the line is off because of them.

I think it's a bizarre combination of recency bias and selective memory to a degree. Here's what I mean:

The recency bias is due to Gane being taken down and controlled by Ngannou. I think some may now have the thought that this is "the path" to beating Gane. I think that's a massive oversimplification. I think the success that Francis had with his grappling was in large part due to the fact that Gane didn't for a second think that Frances would ever attempt to make it a grappling match. I think it took him completely off guard, and that element of surprise factored in heavily. I also think that Ngannou's massive size played a role.

With Jones, I think the selective memory comes in because we're all thinking of all the greatness of his past and the potential he maybe still has. What we aren't thinking about is his dogshit performance vs Reyes or his disinterested snoozers vs Santos and Lionheart. The thing to really focus on is that these were his LAST 3 FIGHTS. Now, I think it's probably fair to say distractions and Jones being bored with the division had something to do with that. Still, when we really look at this we're seeing a guy who:

A) Looked anything but dominant in his last 3 fights
B) Hasn't fought in THREE YEARS
C) Is moving up a weight class
D) Is fighting a guy who is not only naturally bigger, but can still move like a LHW

When we factor in all of this...I'm really not sure how Jones should be a slight favorite. I cap Gane around -175 or so. Would I be absolutely stunned if Jones comes in looking terrific and gets the win? No. He's one of the best (maybe THE best when completely on his game) do ever do it. But there are just soooooo many things that need to line up correctly for us to see that version of Jones. I'd rather ride with the true HW with a terrific skillset as a slight dog.
I totally agree.Gane has went to 2,25 now.Insane.I already placed a bet on him and will probably add more.The line is off big time because of Jon's name,Gane should be -200

Anyone who has access to this line, on Betway, might want to consider throwing a few bucks on it.

The +240 underdog (Glenn McVeigh) is a good fighter, tons of amateur experience, that has a losing record because he has fought a few stud grapplers and lost mostly on control (Muhammad Mokaev, Bilal Tipsaev).
FCR
February 25th

Glenn McVeigh +240
Wasiu Adeshina -350

He is fighting Wasiu Adeshina (-350), currently 3-2 (3 fighting winning streak), who went 0-3 as an amtaeur. I have only seen one of Wasiu's fights and I wasn't impressed. He was easily taken down and controlled, wild on the feet, and won by TKOing a gassed out opponent who wanted out after taking one strike on the ground. Wasiu definitely has some power and good cardio but theres no way McVeigh should be any worse than a pick-em.

I wouldn't be surprised if the odds flipped by the time they fight tomorrow. Tail at your own risk.

Romonov as a pick em looks the goods to me. What am i missing? Volkov is near washed

Romonov as a pick em looks the goods to me. What am i missing? Volkov is near washed
He just lost to tybura. His stand up is trash. His cardio is bad. Volkov has gone 5 rounds. Volkov hits hard. Volkov is tall and could put up resistance to the tds

or he could get tapped like he did against aspinal

Back