PlayStation Helldivers II

Well I decided I'd buy this since I'm getting back in MP games lately. I'm in Africa though so not sure what the deal with servers is gonna be like, some games (Like Battlebit which I bought recently) are unplayable out here. I've been playing Killer Floor 2 and War Thunder lately and they've been fine so fingers crossed Helldivers will be too

And it looks like the servers are at capacity.

Great.

Just want to spread liberty and democracy across the cosmos but no dice.

It’s a shame the issue is going on for so long. I would have got the game this weekend but I don’t want to deal with these sort of issues.

Just read it beat Starfield on steam ccu. That’s incredible I would have never thought that was possible.

Last edited:
It’s a shame the issue is going on for so long. I would have got the game this weekend but I don’t want to deal with these sort of issues.

Just read it beat Starfield on steam ccu. That’s incredible I would have never thought that was possible.

Now getting in isn’t much an issue but finding a party is, as is quickplay.

Hopefully they get it all figured out before they lose players.

Just tried to put it on, servers at capacity error, first I'm seeing this..only wanted a couple of games before bed booooo

<DCrying>

Looks solid as fuck. First one was cool but this looks amped up to another level.

Hoping there will be MP with bug control

played for a few hours yesterday, only 40 bucks felt like it was worth, and it turned out to be, it is what it says it is

IGN Review:

The Verdict (Score: 9)

Helldivers 2 is the rare modern multiplayer game that does almost everything right.

It gives you a ton of freedom, feels fantastic to play, and has a smart progression system that doesn’t nickel and dime you or rely too much on a paid battle pass.

It manages to keep its missions fresh by introducing a ton of enemies, modifiers, and objectives, and varying them in interesting ways.

There are some matchmaking and performance issues that still need to be worked out, and you can only go so far by yourself or with random players – but if you’ve got a solid squad, it’s an incredible time, and certainly one of the most fun multiplayer shooters I’ve played in years.

Fuckin' Sony just stumbles into success.

Microsoft - Okay, here's Bethesda brand new hundred gillion dollar RPG. Tanks.

Sony - Oh' here's a sequel to some forgettable indie game from like ten years ago. Lights the world on fire.

Lulz.

Sony - Oh' here's a sequel to some forgettable indie game from like ten years ago. Lights the world on fire.

Lulz.
Lol and the Xbox guy is salty that it isn't on Xbox..

Phil Spencer comments on Helldivers 2's PlayStation console exclusivity: "I'm not exactly sure who it helps".

Meanwhile Starfield, Gears and Halo will be on Playstation in 2025...

Great game.

One of the worst launches I’ve ever seen though, and I played WoW at launch.

20-25 minutes to get in the game and now the matchmaking/quickplay seems down.

Devs wanted to do something for those riding it out, offer a 50% weekend boost; and supposedly some sort of “free” weekend trial starts on top of that.. when the game was already a mess which just makes it all even worse.

“Weren’t prepared for such success” only goes so far before the goodwill starts to break down.

Lulz.

Rumour has it Phil Spencer is currently binge watching Supernatural to brush up on crossroad demons.

Wtf is this server bs. I just installed the game can't even play. Sigh.

Wtf is this server bs. I just installed the game can't even play. Sigh.
Yeah, game’s proven a wildfire with developers scrambling to contain it. They (Arrowhead) just announced on their Discord yesterday that they’re having to cap server capacity while fixes are underway.

Here’s their message:

Arrowhead has made the decision to cap Helldivers 2 at 450,000 concurrent players in order to improve server stability

> Earlier tonight we had server related issues with a concurrent player spike. This lead to some mission payouts failing, some players being kicked to their ships, or being logged out.

> Our team is working around the clock to solve these issues.

> While we've been able to mitigate some of the causes, we are still struggling to keep up with the scaling that is needed to accommodate all our Helldivers.

> Therefore we've had to cap our concurrent players to around 450,000 to further improve server stability. We will continue to work with our partners to get the ceiling raised.

> If you have progression related issues, please restart the game in order for things to sync back up. Thank you for your continued patience.

> /Your dedicated team over at Arrowhead

Yeah, game’s proven a wildfire with developers scrambling to contain it. They (Arrowhead) just announced on their Discord yesterday that they’re having to cap server capacity while fixes are underway.

Here’s their message:

Arrowhead has made the decision to cap Helldivers 2 at 450,000 concurrent players in order to improve server stability

> Earlier tonight we had server related issues with a concurrent player spike. This lead to some mission payouts failing, some players being kicked to their ships, or being logged out.

> While we've been able to mitigate some of the causes, we are still struggling to keep up with the scaling that is needed to accommodate all our Helldivers.

> Therefore we've had to cap our concurrent players to around 450,000 to further improve server stability. We will continue to work with our partners to get the ceiling raised.

> If you have progression related issues, please restart the game in order for things to sync back up. Thank you for your continued patience.

Haha wow

Love to see when a smaller developer puts out a simple, yet high quality game and get massive success.

Same thing happened with Remnant 2 not too long ago.

One gaming podcast i listen to had a hilarious line. Apparently you can rename your ship. With the game being a Starship Troopers inspired game. Someone named their ship 'Fist of Traditional Family Values', lol

Here’s their message:

It's just unfortunate that all this is happening during this 50% weekend that's supposed to make up for other issues. I get what's going on but am not too chuffed I can't really play the game as intended. I don't want to join any discords or post my tags anywhere in order to squad up, I shouldn't have to.

..And they aren't just going to be able to keep running 50% bonuses until the game works. Would think they'd just give everyone premium currency, enough to buy the premium pass for those that don't have it.

Also, maybe they need to take it offline for a few hours instead of rolling out hot patches that wind up either not working or breaking more shit.

They have a great game on their hands.

Lulz.

I mean Microsoft had Hi-Fi Rush last year which was a hit from out of nowhere.

Back