Homegym MEGA Thread

If it’s 48 pounds like the other poster said I would. Would be fun
I throw my 50# bag with handle. but go between legs for momentum. Would be entertainment the 1st attempt to clear head . maybe practice with a bumper plate and no swinging it.

Bells of Steel has a massive billboard on the main highway through Toronto … can’t say I’ve ever seen advertising for gym equipment like that.

Bells of Steel has a massive billboard on the main highway through Toronto … can’t say I’ve ever seen advertising for gym equipment like that.
Have never seen public advertising for gym equipment, only commercials are for overpriced techno crap.

Is the store close enough to drive to?

Ok have you all put a clear coat on your deadlift platforms? I think I might finally have to. It ain't gripping even with grippy shoes.

Ok have you all put a clear coat on your deadlift platforms? I think I might finally have to. It ain't gripping even with grippy shoes.
Have not. Used a spray can of deck grit stuff. Then ordered non slip strips an put them on it.

I have a Rouge trap bar. It was the first piece of home gym equipment I ever bought (along with bumpers). It's a beefy sumbitch and the handles feel good. Pricey obviously, because Rogue. That was back in like 2018 that I got it, so they're probably on another generation by now and this was before the damn kids and their open nonsense. I like to be closed in all secure like!
The Gen 1 Rogue and Sorinex are beasts. 80lb bars, balanced, no sissy (high) handles or openings. The knurling on mine is quite sharp and definitely tests my might during heavy carries. I got my trap bar in 2013. I use it quite a bit and is one of the best speciality bars I got. Despite having farmers handles I use the trap bar for farmers (and use the farmers bars for single arm carries) and overhead carries. I use it to overhead press, variety of deadlifts etc.

The Gen 1 Rogue and Sorinex are beasts. 80lb bars, balanced, no sissy (high) handles or openings. The knurling on mine is quite sharp and definitely tests my might during heavy carries. I got my trap bar in 2013. I use it quite a bit and is one of the best speciality bars I got. Despite having farmers handles I use the trap bar for farmers (and use the farmers bars for single arm carries) and overhead carries. I use it to overhead press, variety of deadlifts etc.

I think mine is Gen 2, as it does have the sissy handles. I wanted to say it's 65 pounds, but now thinking about it that seems light. My SSB is 65, so maybe that's what Im thinking of.

I was being a little cheeky as Dumbledore might say - if I was buying now I'd probably go with an open one. But mine is far more than I need and I have no reason to get something different unless/until I win Powerball or marry a surgeon or like the widow of a movie mogul or something.

I think mine is Gen 2, as it does have the sissy handles. I wanted to say it's 65 pounds, but now thinking about it that seems light. My SSB is 65, so maybe that's what Im thinking of.

I was being a little cheeky as Dumbledore might say - if I was buying now I'd probably go with an open one. But mine is far more than I need and I have no reason to get something different unless/until I win Powerball or marry a surgeon or like the widow of a movie mogul or something.
I think gen 2 is 60lb, maybe 65lb. When it came out and had the additional high handles I remember thinking “wow this must be like close to 100lb’s now” )I assumed it was the same just with additional handles) and then looking at the specs I was shocked it was much lighter than the gen 1 rogue and sorinex. Oddly enough both rogue and sorinex added the high handles and took like 20lb off the bars total weight from gen 1 - gen 2/3.

Which SSB? I have the ELITEfts and that’s also about 10-11 years old. I like it it’s just all chipped up from that coating it has (but I use my gear outside and I’m rough with it so all my stuff has some wear and tear). I don’t think they’ve changed much but at the time it was considered to be one of the best. Mine is stated to be 65lb but I think they’re 62lb’s actual. I weigh my bars just to see. That’s the only one that didn’t quite weigh what the specs say.

I been interested in this bar

Last edited:
I think gen 2 is 60lb, maybe 65lb. When it came out and had the additional high handles I remember thinking “wow this must be like close to 100lb’s now” )I assumed it was the same just with additional handles) and then looking at the specs I was shocked it was much lighter than the gen 1 rogue and sorinex. Oddly enough both rogue and sorinex added the high handles and took like 20lb off the bars total weight from gen 1 - gen 2/3.

Which SSB? I have the ELITEfts and that’s also about 10-11 years old. I like it it’s just all chipped up from that coating it has (but I use my gear outside and I’m rough with it so all my stuff has some wear and tear). I don’t think they’ve changed much but at the time it was considered to be one of the best. Mine is stated to be 65lb but I think they’re 62lb’s actual. I weigh my bars just to see. That’s the only one that didn’t quite weigh what the specs say.

I been interested in this bar

I also have the EliteFTS SSB. It's everything I need, even if I do occasionally fantasize about getting the Kabuki Transformer bar with that second wife/surgeon money. No issues with my SSB other than one of the end caps popped off. I have not weighed mine, but now you've got me wondering ....

I also have the EliteFTS SSB. It's everything I need, even if I do occasionally fantasize about getting the Kabuki Transformer bar with that second wife/surgeon money. No issues with my SSB other than one of the end caps popped off. I have not weighed mine, but now you've got me wondering ....

I think it was 62-62.5lb when I weighed it I would be interested if you did do it.

Have you ever tried using it on the opposite side?

Not sure if you’ve ever tried this but if you use that bar the wrong way or opposite side it basically simulates a front squat quite well. So basically rack it backwards and use it like that.

I think it was 62-62.5lb when I weighed it I would be interested if you did do it.

Have you ever tried using it on the opposite side?

Not sure if you’ve ever tried this but if you use that bar the wrong way or opposite side it basically simulates a front squat quite well. So basically rack it backwards and use it like that.

Do you mean having the pad go in front of your neck so the handles sticking out over your back?

It's everything I need, even if I do occasionally fantasize about getting the Kabuki Transformer bar with that second wife/surgeon money.
If you ever come into that money and think you'd use the different settings on the Kabuki bar then I'd say it's worth it. I mainly use mine in the low bar setting, but I do switch it up depending on what a current program calls for. Other SSBs never would stay on my back hands free, but this one will if the weight is pushed forward. Very nice for the all important calf raises.

Willing to bet that the Transformer bars built by Rogue are higher quality than what I got from Kabuki. Huge chunk of money for a bar though. I sold a smoker that I stopped using to fund that purchase.

If you ever come into that money and think you'd use the different settings on the Kabuki bar then I'd say it's worth it. I mainly use mine in the low bar setting, but I do switch it up depending on what a current program calls for. Other SSBs never would stay on my back hands free, but this one will if the weight is pushed forward. Very nice for the all important calf raises.

Willing to bet that the Transformer bars built by Rogue are higher quality than what I got from Kabuki. Huge chunk of money for a bar though. I sold a smoker that I stopped using to fund that purchase.

Is Rogue selling them now? I saw that they now sell the Kabuki Kadilac bar. Are those companies merging?

Do you mean having the pad go in front of your neck so the handles sticking out over your back?
No just putting it on your back but the opposite side. It increases the distance of the weight out in front of you.

No just putting it on your back but the opposite side. It increases the distance of the weight out in front of you.

So, funny story, I had no idea there was a right and wrong way until I sent a video to my coach and he pointed out that I was an idiot. So, yes, I did it, but not on purpose and I didn't realize it could be beneficial in another way. I have used it for front squats, but I literally go into backwards like I described above, cross my arms and hold the pad in place on/across my chest/collarbone.

Is Rogue selling them now? I saw that they now sell the Kabuki Kadilac bar. Are those companies merging?
Don’t think they are actually merging, but Rogue is manufacturing a few of their bars. The rogue version of the kadillac bar got better reviews than the original and I’m assuming the transformer bar is the same. They are also way faster to ship

So, funny story, I had no idea there was a right and wrong way until I sent a video to my coach and he pointed out that I was an idiot. So, yes, I did it, but not on purpose and I didn't realize it could be beneficial in another way. I have used it for front squats, but I literally go into backwards like I described above, cross my arms and hold the pad in place on/across my chest/collarbone.
Try it the way I mentioned and see. Stabilize the front bars right where you get the maximum distance. See if you prefer it.

I have the opposite issue. I’ve accumulated many Rogue gift cards over the last 8 years or so and only got a few smaller things with them. Got more gorilla plates but still have about $1200 or so in Rogue cards.

Try it the way I mentioned and see. Stabilize the front bars right where you get the maximum distance. See if you prefer it.

I have the opposite issue. I’ve accumulated many Rogue gift cards over the last 8 years or so and only got a few smaller things with them. Got more gorilla plates but still have about $1200 or so in Rogue cards.
Should cover the shipping on a T-Shirt

So got the cap barbell open trap bar and a spart calf raise machine. Open trap bar for rows is pretty good. Calf raise has some issues I’ll be showing. Could work well for a beginner though

Back