How does Cejudo vs Pantoja go?

A) Cejudo ain't making 125

B) Cejudo vs any champ or elite current fighter goes like this:

Henry looks good for 6-7 minutes, maybe wins the 1st &/or the 2nd, then he begins to slow down just enough that his younger opponent has got a step on him. He hangs in there but can't really match the output even though he is technically right there skill wise.

Decision to the other guy, 47-48 or 46-49.

Good fight. Henry was in it for a bit there.

Probably not a popular opinion, but after Panty's recent performances, I can see Henry beating him.

EDIT: Read some other posts and was reminded that Henry ain't making weight. So it's a pointless thread. But IF he could make weight without being too depleted, I'd put money on Henry.

Prime Henry beats Pantoja relatively easily. But this isn't prime Henry. And calling Pantoja's striking "pretty dam bad" and his grappling "rudimentary" is absurd.

Also, Henry struggled to make 125 in his prime. He's now 37 and it's been more than 5 years since he made 125. I think he's disciplined enough to make the weight now, but at what cost? It certainly wouldn't be beneficial for his performance.
Bro, this guy Charges in head first from multiple paces away begging to get countered, erceg was lighting him up badly, he does not mix his striking in well at all. he is very very good at blanketing people and beating to the position. the strongest part of his game is scrambling, But he is not going to TKO you or Sub you, He is just going to try to control you, unless you make a grave mistake. Which will work on royval, because his wrestling isn't good enough to stop him. same with erceg, Even though they are both significantly better than him on the feet. Despite winning his last 3 title fights, he got out struck in all three of them. He did outland erceg, but erceg clearly got the better of him multiple times despite that. Henry Right now could beat him on the feet, The real question is could he out grapple pantoja. because striking is not a question, cejudo would box his head off even out of his prime from what I saw in his last 2. He wont be at such a size disadvantage either.

I say his grappling is rudimentry from a tactical standpoint. his grappling is not basic, but how he works it into his game is. I can see how that sounds absurd when i say it out loud. He just charges into you, he does not cleaverly set it up. He is a very very strong grappler overall but uses it in a predicatble way. He lays and prays you.

Even pretending Cejudo could make the weight, he's still 37, coming off two losses and his stock is the lowest it's been in a long time. He's not someone the UFC wants to throw into a title shot without merit
to be fair to cejudo he did not lose his Flyweight title. Generally you are right though. I think he could Make flyweight if he wanted. you know, Pantoja isn't exactly a spring chicken himself. 34 is pretty old for a Flyweight, guys like van, Taira, royval, Kape, moreno all <31. they will be around longer.

Last edited:
Bro, this guy Charges in head first from multiple paces away begging to get countered, erceg was lighting him up badly, he does not mix his striking in well at all. he is very very good at blanketing people and beating to the position. the strongest part of his game is scrambling, But he is not going to TKO you or Sub you, He is just going to try to control you, unless you make a grave mistake. Which will work on royval, because his wrestling isn't good enough to stop him. same with erceg, Even though they are both significantly better than him on the feet. Despite winning his last 3 title fights, he got out struck in all three of them. He did outland erceg, but erceg clearly got the better of him multiple times despite that. Henry Right now could beat him on the feet, The real question is could he out grapple pantoja. because striking is not a question, cejudo would box his head off even out of his prime from what I saw in his last 2. He wont be at such a size disadvantage either.

I say his grappling is rudimentry from a tactical standpoint. his grappling is not basic, but how he works it into his game is. I can see how that sounds absurd when i say it out loud. He just charges into you, he does not cleaverly set it up. He is a very very strong grappler overall but uses it in a predicatble way. He lays and prays you.

to be fair to cejudo he did not lose his Flyweight title. Generally you are right though. I think he could Make flyweight if he wanted. you know, Pantoja isn't exactly a spring chicken himself. 34 is pretty old for a Flyweight, guys like van, Taira, royval, Kape, moreno all <31. they will be around longer.
I get it...Pantoja isn't very good. Meanwhile, here on planet Earth, he's the UFC champion, has 2 title defenses, and has beaten 7 out of the current top 11 contenders. He has a combined 5 wins over the #1 and #2 contenders.

Does Pantoja have some flaws? Yes. Do I think prime Henry beats him? Yes. But you're out here pretending that he's not elite, which is absurd. The guy already has the 3rd or 4th best resume in flyweight history.

Last edited:
I get it...Pantoja isn't very good. Meanwhile, here on planet Earth, he's the UFC champion, has 2 title defenses, and has beaten 7 out of the current top 11 contenders. He has a combined 5 wins over the #1 and #2 contenders.

Does Pantoja have some flaws? Yes. Do I think prime Henry beats him? Yes. But you're out here pretending that he's not elite, which is absurd. The guy is already has the 3rd or 4th best resume in flyweight history.
Never once said he wasn't good, or not elite but he has holes in his game much like the people hes beaten, they can all be held down. I think he has the second best record at flyweight. It's just worth mentioning everyone he's faced in title fights is a better striker

Cejudo doesn't seem to be taking the training as seriously as he used to. Guy is tiring out too much within 3 rounds. Probably can't even make FLW now.

Prime Cejudo would have absolutely wrecked Pantoja and the rest of the division though.

Cejudo will go for takedowns in the last 20 seconds of each rd. Any longer than that and Pantoja will reverse/scramble his way out of the bottom.

Back