Opinion If communism was to make a come back. Which country would be the first to see it?

Nameless King

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I can already see people calling me crazy to say the least but I genuinely believe it could be...US.

We will eventually get to the point where AI replaces most of the jobs if not all(assuming WW3 won't happen and other unpredictable events)

And advanced, the most developed countries I guess will be the first to have this issue. And how country like US will potentially deal with it? Country that is focused on making money, where people are only numbers?

I know this is probably 100 years from now but it's coming.

To be honest this was my random thought but if you google communism and AI you will see already tons of discussions about it. Maybe Marx wasn't wrong after all.

Communism is still going pretty strong though. China, dprk, Nam, Cuba, random African places. That's pretty good. I don't think it will grow too much bigger though unless China makes a point to spread it once obtaining global hegemony.

Real communism hasn't been tried. It only needs another 100 million deaths until it's perfected

Communism will never work or be the answer, but 100 million deaths is a myth. It's based on a miscount and perpetuated by propaganda. Fascism is an order of magnitude worse if you look at the timeline and the fact it was stopped.

Communism will never work or be the answer, but 100 million deaths is a myth. It's based on a miscount and perpetuated by propaganda. Fascism is an order of magnitude worse if you look at the timeline and the fact it was stopped.
Questionable whether it was stopped I'd say, places like China(even if it calls itself communist) and Russia pretty close to it, lots of Latin american nations during the 20th century not far off either and a lot of western nations showing signs of pushing towards it as well.

I don't think it was really a case of "perfecting" anything either but moreso that most communist revolutionary movements ended up as an authoritarian bureaucracy, often because the extremely hostile environment they existed(like the Russian civil war) in tended to mean the most ruthless authoritarians rose to the top.

The flipside I spose was that the SDP in Germany not stripping the ruling elite of their power after the 1918/19 revolution and instead creating a parliamentary system in which they had significant power ultimately led to the rise of the Nazis.

Communism is still going pretty strong though. China, dprk, Nam, Cuba, random African places. That's pretty good. I don't think it will grow too much bigger though unless China makes a point to spread it once obtaining global hegemony.
China isn't communist, despite what the country's name suggests. It's a hardcore Capitalist country. The US has far more social programs than China.

China isn't communist, despite what the country's name suggests. It's a hardcore Capitalist country. The US has far more social programs than China.

It's what Communism would look like, though. Capitalism hidden beneath a lot of bullshit rhetoric about equality, and everyone being on the same level. Apart from the rich / ruling classes, of course.

I can already see people calling me crazy to say the least but I genuinely believe it could be...US.

We will eventually get to the point where AI replaces most of the jobs if not all(assuming WW3 won't happen and other unpredictable events)

And advanced, the most developed countries I guess will be the first to have this issue. And how country like US will potentially deal with it? Country that is focused on making money, where people are only numbers?

I know this is probably 100 years from now but it's coming.

To be honest this was my random thought but if you google communism and AI you will see already tons of discussions about it. Maybe Marx wasn't wrong after all.
WTF?!
Are you blind? Modern America is the living embodiment of cultural communism/Marxism. It slipped in and took over.

In 100 years america will be ruled by an ideology closer to Dragonball Z than communism.
you're going to have to elaborate on that. Nano tech incorporated system? Space Lord Frieza? Sayan rule of the strongest?

China and Soviet Russia were economically left but politically far right. It is largely because major upheavals such as those that remove established systems, such as royalty, love filling the power vacuums left behind. It tends to leave a centralised power base that is distinct from the actual values of whatever revolution they were in favour of.

Questionable whether it was stopped I'd say, places like China(even if it calls itself communist) and Russia pretty close to it, lots of Latin american nations during the 20th century not far off either and a lot of western nations showing signs of pushing towards it as well.

I don't think it was really a case of "perfecting" anything either but moreso that most communist revolutionary movements ended up as an authoritarian bureaucracy, often because the extremely hostile environment they existed(like the Russian civil war) in tended to mean the most ruthless authoritarians rose to the top.

The flipside I spose was that the SDP in Germany not stripping the ruling elite of their power after the 1918/19 revolution and instead creating a parliamentary system in which they had significant power ultimately led to the rise of the Nazis.

Fascism was stopped, not communism which simply failed.

Tell me more about your in-depth knowledge of Soviet Russia, Mao's China and Pol Pots Cambodia

Tell me more about your in-depth knowledge of Soviet Russia, Mao's China and Pol Pots Cambodia

I’m not the one perpetuating the myth and shouldn’t be required to prove a negative.

Did you know the myth came from one passage in one book? That the book was a collaboration, the passage was injected by one guy in a forward, and that every other author protested after the fact when they found out?

Back