Ilia Topuria has the making of a GOAT

Please don't let the general stupidity of sherdog cloud your judgment of the facts at hand.

This time it happens to be correct that the winner actually has the makings of a GOAT.
<YeahOKJen>

Until he loses, and Sherdog decides he was never that good.

It does seem like he’s coming in at a time where it will be difficult for any other top UFC FW to beat him. FW is also stacked with already established old guard fighters like Holloway, Ortega, Rodriguez, etc. That being said and considering that Ilia is still young, it seems like he has the potential to clear out the division like Jones did when he became champ. We will have to see.

why are white belts making threads?

Hey, if you disagree with my post how about you instead try and debunk either a) the truth value of the facts I stated or b) the inference made badsed on the facts.

Fucking Sherdog. Lmao.

Every single time.

Whoever wins the main event, new future GOAT. When will it end?

This is why the MMA fanbase is a joke, no other sports fans are this fickle.

It must be a running joke at this point.

Anyways, who do you see as the biggest threat to topuria at the moment?

It must be a running joke at this point.

Anyways, who do you see as the biggest threat to topuria at the moment?
Hard to say.

I think Max is tough fight for him stylistically. But he does get hit a lot and that could spell disaster against Topuria. And we need to see how Max comes out of the other side of that Gaethje fight first.

Yair might be a tough stylistic matchup as well. We have seen Topuria struggle against rangey guys with good kicks. Yair is a much better kicker than Jai Herbert, much more powerful.

Evloev I can't see beating him but I know a lot of people are high on him and think he has a good shot, but I just can't see it.

Hard to say.

I think Max is tough fight for him stylistically. But he does get hit a lot and that could spell disaster against Topuria. And we need to see how Max comes out of the other side of that Gaethje fight first.

Yair might be a tough stylistic matchup as well. We have seen Topuria struggle against rangey guys with good kicks. Yair is a much better kicker than Jai Herbert, much more powerful.

Evloev I can't see beating him but I know a lot of people are high on him and think he has a good shot, but I just can't see it.

I think its just hard to see Max winning vs Topuria, because Topuria has the better overall boxing and he punches way harder. The gambit would be that Topuria fades in the final two rounds, and Max can pour it on then. But its hard to see that Max would arrive sufficiently intact to the final two rounds to take Topuria out, especially given that Topuria actually has a wicked calf kick.

Yair could always catch someone with a kick. But I dont see what is stopping Topuria from implementing the Volk gameplan vs Yair.

Ilia has two top ten wins in his entire career. Can we give it a little more time before we make these statements? Lol.

Wow here we are. Don't pump the brakes, SLAM the brakes!

Back