Economy Joe Biden's America...

I think the issue is that people like you (who don't really care about reality as much as advancing a party's messaging) are constantly shifting the level of gov't responsible for various issues depending on the point you're trying to make.

The interesting thing to me is that while it seems to logically make sense that lower levels of gov't (state, county, city) would have more impact on crime, crime trends tend to move nationally. The increase from the '60s to the '90s was nationwide, and the decline from the '90s was nationwide. Similarly, the spike in 2020 was nationwide, and the decline that has followed is nationwide. I'd guess that local variations from the national trends are due to some mix of chance and governance (across all relevant levels), but it's even hard to work out the precise mix there.

If people were trying to be honest about evaluating state and local gov'ts, they'd probably start by looking at variation from the national baseline (e.g., crime was down X% in Year but X%*Y in Region so it's possible that Region's policies were better/worse than average). But most people discussing this kind of thing don't bother to look at numbers or rates of change at all.
And it really didn't occur to you that "nationwide trends" never have been evenly spread throughout the country? Are you also confused at why a shit penny stock dropping doesn't tank the S&P?

You need to be able to understand before you can comment meaningfully.
I mean you just thought in the very last post that crime rates all move uniformly, so maybe take your own advice every once in a while? Sorry if you think that's a "personal attack", but that crime happens in some places more than others is like day 1 stuff.

I mean you just thought in the very last post that crime rates all move uniformly, so maybe take your own advice every once in a while?
Did I? What did you understand this to mean?:

I'd guess that local variations from the national trends are due to some mix of chance and governance (across all relevant levels), but it's even hard to work out the precise mix there.

If you read that and thought that I was saying there is no local variations, I suggest that your ability to take meaning from text is so low that a normal person can not communicate with you in writing.

Sorry if you think that's a "personal attack", but that crime happens in some places more than others is like day 1 stuff.
OK, but nevertheless, we tend to see trends move nationwide.

Dems will tell you not to trust your own eyes and look at what you see inside your own wallet, but instead just listen to their bullshit numbers.

Reactions: Ruv

Is breaking records​

Dow Crosses 40,000 For First Time In History​

The Dow Jones Industrial Average made history Thursday, setting the latest impressive milestone for 2024’s red-hot stock market.

The Dow crossed 40,000 for the first time in its 128-year history Thursday at about 10:30 a.m. ET, gaining as much as 90 points (0.3%) to a new all-time high of 40,000.54.

The Dow, which tracks 30 of the most valuable U.S. public companies across a gamut of industries, is up 6% this year and 23% from its October bottom, reflecting the positive shift in investor sentiment over the period.

Boosting the Dow on Thursday was retailer Walmart, whose shares rallied 7% to an all-time high after reporting first-quarter earnings.

Other contributing factor is a positive inflation report over the previous two months.
Hey, look at that...

Back