Media Jon Jones CONFIRMS Retirement After Stipe Fight "Im Gonna Beat The Old Man And Ride Off Into Sunset"

No he's not. He was totally overhyped, beating up nobodies in the UFC, and is one dimensional. Once in a lifetime MMA fighter my total fucking ass.
Ok man, I can tell you're invested in this more than I am but if you don't think Gane would absolutely destroy Jon Jones kickboxing over 4 or 5 rounds you're delusional. But that doesn't cut it in MMA. If he doesn't want to seriously train the other half, he should go back to where he came from

Jones is staying within his generation. Atleast we move on after. Can't be worse than DC defending against Lewis.

I wholeheartedly respect your stance and the fan in me always wants to see the best fight the best. I want to see Jones perform against the greatest HW’s that the current landscape has to offer. The other part of me respects the body of work Jones has given us and I respect the fact that it is prize fighting. I won’t vilify the guy for taking the bag against a legend in Stipe rather than fighting Tom (possibly making less money in the process) who is the best HW in the UFC’s current roster and a young killer who’s relatively unknown to casuals. It is prize fighting and Jones is an older fighter (especially in fight miles) who is coming off a torn pec. He stands to gain so much more from riding off into the sunset with a win over Stipe then a relatively shallow record Aspinall both financially and legacy wise.

If jones retired today he goes down as the greatest to ever grace a cage. All of this is just the strawberry on top.
Jones was the most dominant fighter for a long time. In his prime he looked almost unbeatable. He defeated some great fighters in the most dominating way. However his last years at LHW were not that special. He struggled against "lower level' fighters than he beat before. It was not the same Jones from earlier, but that is how it goes after all those years.

Before Jones went to HW we had to wait many years. Finally he went and he beat Gane. A win is a win, although we didn't really see much of a fight. Now Jones has the belt and is the HW champ, but he is not interested in fighting the best or fighting regularly. That is all understandable because he is getting older and doesn't need to prove anything anymore, but being the champ you should fight the best and regularly. So this is the real problem here.

I understand he get's the most out of the situation this way. However fighters and fans see what is happening and don't like it. He is basically retired and only fights if the fight suits him. This would be no problem if he just fight some money fights without keeping the belt, yet he pretends like he is big champion while not acting as the champion. This is not good for his legacy also because in his earlier days he really was the champion that defeated all contenders. Now we might remember him for keeping the belt to fight an old retired fighter.

Ok man, I can tell you're invested in this more than I am but if you don't think Gane would absolutely destroy Jon Jones kickboxing over 4 or 5 rounds you're delusional. But that doesn't cut it in MMA. If he doesn't want to seriously train the other half, he should go back to where he came from
hahahaha. therefore gane is not a once a lifetime HW that moves like a MW, in MMA. that was a ridiculous statement then as it is now. but yes. respect to captain herb.

He's just saying that cuz he plans on failing the drug test after (and most likely before)

Jones' has had a pretty favourable career. Guy was in the LHW division at its worst, yet people laud his achievements because he beat "legends".

He did - but all these legends were old as shit or natural MWs.

His best win is Daniel Cormier who he cheated against, and Gus - who he didn't even beat in many peoples eyes. Add Glover into the mix as well.

Cormier's best wins at LHW and HW are going to go down as better than Jones' lol.

The only thing Jones has over him is the reign over aging LHWs and the cheating win while juiced to the gills.

Called it long ago if anyone wants to search my post history.

Ducked ngannou, took gane as soon as ngannou left, then asked for STIPE!! Lmao. Ignores the Russian. Disregards the Brit. Asks says he’d be willing to fight the Brazilian.

Dude has become the king of the ducks.

This does not surprise me.

I know it’s not gonna happen, but I genuinely hope the just bleed gods grant stipe super human power to beat jones ass. He’s earned his karma.

Not the biggest Jones fan but he's been fighting for like 16 years. If he wants to hang em up after Stipe then God bless him.

Yall should be mad at the UFC for not stripping him, not at a prize fighter for trying to retire on top.
Who says he's going to retire? Why would he retire if he can just cherry pick whoever he wants. Some people are saying that as soon as he fights Stipe, the interim belt disappears and he holds the undisputed belt again (assuming he wins). That would instantly take the pressure off fighting Tom. Tom would just be another contender at that point. He could spend years trying to line up fights with fighters in lower divisions or try to pull legends out of retirement. If those people are correct, he could really jerk everyone around for a couple more years at least and I would be shocked if he didn't given his sociopathic nature.

That is some very bad karma in the making for Jonny boy. Stipe is definitely knocking his ass out now.

Twitter guy calls fighter with most UFC title defenses "insecure coward".

<mma4>

and hes gonna come back again to fight pereira
imagine all the haters crying

hes basically trophy hunting at this point

lmao at tom
no ones gonna remember tom 20 years from now

Who says he's going to retire? Why would he retire if he can just cherry pick whoever he wants. Some people are saying that as soon as he fights Stipe, the interim belt disappears and he holds the undisputed belt again (assuming he wins). That would instantly take the pressure off fighting Tom. Tom would just be another contender at that point. He could spend years trying to line up fights with fighters in lower divisions or try to pull legends out of retirement. If those people are correct, he could really jerk everyone around for a couple more years at least and I would be shocked if he didn't given his sociopathic nature.
Jones did

This idea that jones won’t fight people he “doesn’t have an advantage over” is comical. He literally cleared out generations of the LHW division and still there’s a sect of “fans” that are upset. He moved up to HW and walked through Gane (who at the time Sherdog was literally split on who would win pre fight). A decade and a half of dominance aren’t enough for all of you.

Although your right he doesn’t fight those he doesn’t have an advantage over… his advantage is he’s the greatest MMA fighter of all time.
Whattup Stan.

Back