Media Jon Jones CONFIRMS Retirement After Stipe Fight "Im Gonna Beat The Old Man And Ride Off Into Sunset"

Yes he is. Jon's 36 and still has fewer fights than Khabib had at 32. He hasn't been active since he was in his mid 20s, and has had 9 fights in over a decade. DC was older in both of their fights than Jon is now while Jon was in his 20s. Jon has 4 fights in over 5 years, and the 2 that were convincing wins were Anthony Smith shitting the bed and subbing a white belt. The other 2 were a split decision over a guy with blown out knees and a decision over a can that the majority of fans and media scoring don't even think he won.

Wait a minute, are you really comparing Jon to Khabib here and how many fights they had?? Both have 29 fights. Jon has 16 title fights of 29 while Khabib has 4. Jon has been a championship level fighter since 2011, of course he's gonna be less active than most fighters, all champions are. And the other point, Khabibs fought in multiple tournaments fighting 2-3x in one night. He spent far more time in the minors, most fighters that do have a lot of fights.

Khabib wasn't the most active fighter, he had 13 ufc fights in nearly 9 years that's not even an average of 2 fights a year. And when he won the title he fought once a year.

Here is the problem and why fans would be upset. While you are correct and Jon did have 15 years of dominance and gave us what IMO is the best greatest career in MMA. The last 5 years of that run was all about his move to HW which was talked about since 2013. And as fans all we get is two fights?? Gane was just a fill in after the Ngannou fight fell through which was very disappointing for fans and it seems not too many are really interested in the Stipe fight. So if that is what he's given fans at HW, that is a reason to be upset.

I am sure you have the haters that wanna see Jon lose and that is why they want him to keep fighting. But I genuinely believe most fans just want to see the goat compete more. I am not a Jones fan myself and never have been, but I personally do want to see him compete more at HW. Jones is goat and I'd like to continue to see his legacy build.
I wholeheartedly respect your stance and the fan in me always wants to see the best fight the best. I want to see Jones perform against the greatest HW’s that the current landscape has to offer. The other part of me respects the body of work Jones has given us and I respect the fact that it is prize fighting. I won’t vilify the guy for taking the bag against a legend in Stipe rather than fighting Tom (possibly making less money in the process) who is the best HW in the UFC’s current roster and a young killer who’s relatively unknown to casuals. It is prize fighting and Jones is an older fighter (especially in fight miles) who is coming off a torn pec. He stands to gain so much more from riding off into the sunset with a win over Stipe then a relatively shallow record Aspinall both financially and legacy wise.

If jones retired today he goes down as the greatest to ever grace a cage. All of this is just the strawberry on top.

Wait a minute, are you really comparing Jon to Khabib here and how many fights they had?? Both have 29 fights. Jon has 16 title fights of 29 while Khabib has 4. Jon has been a championship level fighter since 2011, of course he's gonna be less active than most fighters, all champions are. And the other point, Khabibs fought in multiple tournaments fighting 2-3x in one night. He spent far more time in the minors, most fighters that do have a lot of fights.

Khabib wasn't the most active fighter, he had 13 ufc fights in nearly 9 years that's not even an average of 2 fights a year. And when he won the title he fought once a year.
No, the other poster compared them, and I pointed out that Jon is less active than Khabib was. He was active for the first several years and was even finishing his fights against MWs until Gus turned him into the elephant man and made him get wheeled out of the arena on a stretcher, and he's spent the 11 years since fighting less than once/year and winning lackluster decisions with one of his few finishes getting overturned because of he was juiced to the gills on Tbol.

No, the other poster compared them, and I pointed out that Jon is less active than Khabib was. He was active for the first several years and was even finishing his fights against MWs until Gus turned him into the elephant man and made him get wheeled out of the arena on a stretcher, and he's spent the 11 years since fighting less than once/year and winning lackluster decisions with one of his few finishes getting overturned because of he was juiced to the gills on Tbol.
Just so I’m clear you bring up the Gus fight to speak to Jon’s lack of finishing abilities against larger opponents yet purposefully don’t speak to his second fight against Gus where he finished him.

Also your Khabib comparisons as far as fight miles are concerned is laughable considering the differences in quality of opponents. Jon has defeated a laundry list of generational legends the likes of: Machida, Shogun, Rampage, Rashad, Texeira, DC etc etc. Khabib while great barely fought at the championship level by comparison (shouldn’t have retired)…and his pre UFC career is filled with fights against obscure opposition. I’m not even hating on Khabib he’s legendary at LW but to compare him to Jon in any way is honestly incomparable.

Edit* apologies it wasn’t you who drew the original comparison

This does fuck all to his resume tbh

Just so I’m clear you bring up the Gus fight to speak to Jon’s lack of finishing abilities against larger opponents yet purposefully don’t speak to his second fight against Gus where he finished him.

Also your Khabib comparisons as far as fight miles are concerned is laughable considering the differences in quality of opponents. Jon has defeated a laundry list of generational legends the likes of: Machida, Shogun, Rampage, Rashad, Texeira, DC etc etc. Khabib while great barely fought at the championship level by comparison (shouldn’t have retired)…and his pre UFC career is filled with fights against obscure opposition. I’m not even hating on Khabib he’s legendary at LW but to compare him to Jon in any way is honestly incomparable.

Edit* apologies it wasn’t you who drew the original comparison
No, I brought up Jon getting beat up by Gus as the turning point when he became less active and fought safer. He finished Gus in the rematch right in the middle of the 3-7 Gus had to close out his career. Still a good fighter but got he was borderline disinterested after the failed title attempts and the Rumble KO, and never won another fight again after the 2nd Jon fight.

Khabib retired at 32, and Jon has 1 fight since he was 32 that he felt was pretty safe against an opponent who had recently gotten LNP'd by another guy with white belt level grappling.

Jon obviously got to start his championship run much earlier, but their age and number of fights were about the same, as was the year Khabib retired and Jon semi-retired only taking 2 cherry picked fights before officially retiring, so if they wanted to see Khabib go on a longer championship run, they should have given him the shot earlier instead of waiting until he was 10 years and 25 fights of not even losing a round before they even gave him a title shot.

This could be (I don't think so) a negotiation tactic to demand more money for the fight if people really wanna see it. With that said don't really care to see him vs Blades

Jones doesn't even know who you are. You should probably get into stand up comedy if you want him to slip his fingers in your butthole
7504d00051e7d856f53d3bd710cc6015.jpg
Jones knows who you are. Every time he comes to town you put on your best dress and suck his dick and massage his balls.

Last edited:
He had a huge size and steroid advantage. He lost to Reyes, Gus and santos. Gane is a kickboxer with no grappling ability.

If he fights again it’ll be against Periera who’s not a heavyweight and also has a grappling weakness jones can exploit
Plus he had the ufc accomodate him at every turn

No one wants to see pics from your personal collection. Keep your fetishes to yourself, this is a family forum.
You mean the dresses you wear around Town ?

I knew there was a reason you cry about jones on these forums all the time. He has not answered your phone calls to give him a backrub and play with his feet.

The projecting is sad,dude
How can someone project facts. HHJ you are who you are and you should be okay with that.

Embrace it.

If you cry about jones because he is not picking up your phone calls when you put on a dress then you need to move on.

Back