Lomachenko vs Kambosos Jr ESPN+ May 11th

of course Shakur would be favored. but his style is about popping in and out and then avoiding everything else. Loma would make him fight and we havent seen that before. plus with Loma's angles he'd be a tricky customer for Shakur.
ill admit part of it is wishful thinking because Shakur has stunk up the joint lately. hell, I would be happy if Tank beat his ass. its only a matter of time before someone catches him.
before Loma retires id love to see him vs Tank too. would be a thrilling chess match.
There are a few question marks with Shakur at lightweight. Does he have enough pop to keep the bigger, dangerous natural lightweights off of him? Is his work rate high enough to avoid being outworked? He also doesn't use angles much (since you mentioned Loma's constant use of them). He's only had a couple fights at 135. Let's see how he looks against an actual elite fighter in the division.

I wouldn't favor him over Shakur. Not anymore. He's 36 and has a style that doesn't age gracefully. Shakur can be hit here and there but his defense is pretty tight. He manages distance very well. The only other guy in the sport that might be better at it is Bivol. Both of them are the least hit fighters in boxing. Loma will get inside but the question is how often? When he does get there he needs to make it count. He'll need to rough him up on the inside and land big shots and combinations. I did notice that Shakur only landed 25 more total punches than DLS. Loma vs Shakur could be a lot closer than the odds would suggest (Shakur will be favored by the bookies).
style wise I think Loma might be all kinds of wrong for Shakur. I didn’t use to, but honestly Shakur looked like SHIT before that fake retirement. Wouldn’t be surprised if Lomas activity and angles banked rounds while Shakur sat back and admired how slick he perceives himself to be.

style wise I think Loma might be all kinds of wrong for Shakur. I didn’t use to, but honestly Shakur looked like SHIT before that fake retirement. Wouldn’t be surprised if Lomas activity and angles banked rounds while Shakur sat back and admired how slick he perceives himself to be.
That's what I was wondering. Will Shakur up his work rate? He'll need to if he fights Loma. Throwing a grand total of 200 punches (against DLS) over 12 rounds won't cut it. I favor Shakur since he's a lot younger and fresher but I'd expect a close fight. We've never really seen Shakur tested yet. Loma and Tank are capable of doing it.

That's what I was wondering. Will Shakur up his work rate? He'll need to if he fights Loma. Throwing a grand total of 200 punches (against DLS) over 12 rounds won't cut it. I favor Shakur since he's a lot younger and fresher but I'd expect a close fight. We've never really seen Shakur tested yet. Loma and Tank are capable of doing it.
And unlike DLS Loma won’t stand around waiting all night when Shakur tries to box the stingiest he’s ever boxed in his whole life.

I love Lomachenko. One of my all time favorite boxers. I'd love to see him retire with a belt. If he wins this of course and than goes fights for the belt. But if he loses I think he might retire.

There are a few question marks with Shakur at lightweight. Does he have enough pop to keep the bigger, dangerous natural lightweights off of him? Is his work rate high enough to avoid being outworked? He also doesn't use angles much (since you mentioned Loma's constant use of them). He's only had a couple fights at 135. Let's see how he looks against an actual elite fighter in the division.
shakur will refuse to fight anyone with a pulse unless he's marched into the ring at gunpoint.

Loma isn't the first fighter to ever do that and he certainly won't be the last. Urging the opponent's corner or the ref to stop the fight is just looking for a mercy stoppage. Roy's done it before. Showing mercy in and of itself isn't necessarily disrespectful. Many sports themselves have a mercy rule. Amateur boxing did for years in the electronic scoring points era.
Like Nigel vs G.M.... Nigel might had extend amplitude for this punch by some 2 inches if wished and still is considered as brutal etc.

Loma takes a UD. I'm not sure what GK does better than him.

Kinda interested in this Ahio/Lucas Browne fight. Still can't believe Browne KO'd Junior Fa. Upset coming?

I understand Loma not wanting to fight Shaktweet, the guy beat Haney for everyone to see and he still got hometown decisioned, he probably feels he'd get screwed the same way vs the tae kwon do fighter.

This is such an intriguing fight for me. Teofimo kinda stole the LW titles from Loma because he was injured, and Kombosos kinda stole the titles from Loma via upset.

On paper, Loma should take it but he may get injured or simply age in this fight.

Tune in boys... Loma is once in a century type fighter.

Quite unlikely that we'll see another in our life time. With luck, our grandchildren's grandchildren might see something nearing his skill and craft and shift. But sadly, the bulk of you are probably childless. May God have mercy on your souls.

At any rate: raise your snifters filled with lime rickey to the one that everyone on this forum has called "The Pinnacle". Lomachenko, I express these sentiments for each and every member of this forum. Any member of this forum who claims contrariwise is a dog-faced pony soldier, sack of shit, lying fucking idiot, who should get catapulted into a brick fucking wall!!!

I don’t like this fight. I’ll watch , of course, but turning Kambosos into a punch line isn’t good. He’s a game fighter but he’s very limited, and I fully expect Loma to clown him despite the size advantage.

Kambosos is so boring. Hopefully Loma slaps him up and puts him out, although I don't really see it happening. I don't think this one will be particularly entertaining, ez win for loma

Kambosos was so 1 dimensional against Haney (twice) that I really think he has close to fuck all chance here.
I don't give him much of a chance because he is so limited as you said but Kambosos is game. He needs to try and turn it into a scrap. Try and catch Loma in an exchange. He's the naturally bigger man so he should also try and impose his size. I don't think he's physically strong enough to do much with it though. Kambosos has to be sharp and focused like he was in the Teo fight.

Back