Crime Man left in prison 'death chamber' in the US for a misdemeanor simple battery charge , suffered the most gruesome end imaginable

TCE

"That's fucking illegal"
Pink Belt
Reaction score
The family of a man who passed away inside a US jail after being left to rot in conditions that were compared to a 'death chamber' have told how he suffered one of the worst deaths imaginable.

LaShawn Thompson was found unresponsive in his cell in a psychiatric wing of the Fulton County Jail in Atlanta, Georgia, on 13 September, 2022, while swarmed in insects.

The 35-year-old, who had schizophrenia, had been arrested in June that year on a misdemeanour simple battery charge against police officials - but did not have the funds to post bail.

During his three month stint at the Fulton County Jail, he lost a whopping 18 percent of his body weight.

Thompson was then found dead in his cell, while an autopsy released by the Fulton County Medical Examiner's Office listed his cause of death as 'undetermined'.

But his family suspected foul play and ordered an independent medical review in the hopes of getting to the bottom of what had happened to him in May last year, and the results shocked the world.

It emerged that Thompson had been living in horrific conditions and was 'neglected to death', while suffering from 'dehydration, malnutrition and severe body insect infestation', which were each listed as contributors to his passing.

The autopsy, obtained by ABC News, also listed 'untreated decompensated schizophrenia' as another factor.

According to attorneys for the Thompson family, Ben Crump and Michael Harper, the 35-year-old had passed away with his eyes open - while his eyelids were surrounded by bugs.

He had been suffering from a severe body insect infestation, which included lice and bed bugs, before his death.

Harper said last year that jail officials had 'literally watched his health decline until he died', adding that the cell was 'was not fit for a diseased animal' and the environment he endured was 'inexcusable and deplorable'.

"They left him there essentially," he continued.

"And they had a plan to take him to the medical observation unit, but their plan never happened, and they found him dead, eaten by these bed bugs."

Read more: https://www.ladbible.com/news/us-ne...shawn-thompson-death-bed-bugs-795075-20240514

resize

resize

resize

resize

Awful. This is the problem with dehumanizing criminals or mentally ill. A society should be judged on how it treats its damaged people, even criminals. Im not saying that criminals should have big screen tvs or cell phones(every prison has cell phone for prisoners, you can thank the corrupt guards for that) but basic medical attention should be provided and have a fuckin heart. Letting someone die like that is reprehensible and I hope the family gets millions though it wont bring him back.

Awful. This is the problem with dehumanizing criminals or mentally ill. A society should be judged on how it treats its damaged people, even criminals. Im not saying that criminals should have big screen tvs or cell phones(every prison has cell phone for prisoners, you can thank the corrupt guards for that) but basic medical attention should be provided and have a fuckin heart. Letting someone die like that is reprehensible and I hope the family gets millions though it wont bring him back.
Hid family left him there to rot too...they shouldn't get a dime...

Those responsible should be charged

Sad story. The fellow needed some medical help.

I had to continue reading the next story from the link.

Model loses legs after tampon left her minutes away from death​

Facilities are usually subject to an annual jail inspection. They either haven't received one this century or have the inspector paid off. Awful.
A lot can happen in a year. They should have quarterly inspections, due to the nature of those facilities in general.

Just awful. This is why more strict oversight should be a top priority. Even if they are criminals, if we decide to house them, then we must be responsible to ensure it is sanitary and does not lead to these sorts of incidents.

It's not terribly surprising. Jails tend to be manned by unskilled, bottom-of-the-barrel workers, who are also overworked because of employee shortages. Inmates being dehumanized is an every day occurrence, taken for granted. Now you add in a man who's schizophrenic, violent and doesn't clean himself or his cell, you can be certain that no worker will want to enter that unit. You think a CO is going to deal with a screaming 200 lbs mess of a black man to clean his cell for him and forcibly give him a bath, all the whilst the insane inmate tries to attack them or accuse them of harboring ill intentions because of his paranoid delusions? They'd have to be mother Theresa herself. Jail isn't a place where your hand is held; if you can't hold your own, you're done.

How the fuck does this even happen? Who is in charge of the facility? Absolutely criminal. A lot of people are going to be paying for this neglect, hopefully.

Here's a biblical reminder for all the "law and order" "tough on crime", corporal punishment loving bible thumping sickos that think its okay for our prisons to be such torturous hell holes -

Matthew 25: 40-46

40 And the king will say to them in reply, ‘Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.’
41 Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you accursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink,
43 a stranger and you gave me no welcome, naked and you gave me no clothing, ill and in prison, and you did not care for me.
44 Then they will answer and say, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or ill or in prison, and not minister to your needs?’
45 He will answer them, ‘Amen, I say to you, what you did not do for one of these least ones, you did not do for me.’
46 And these will go off to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

If your God is real, and your God is telling you "how you treat the lowest among you is how you treat me", boy oh fucking boy - I cannot WAIT to see what Big J has got cooking up for you in the afterlife.

Here's a biblical reminder for all the "law and order" "tough on crime", corporal punishment loving bible thumping sickos that think its okay for our prisons to be such torturous hell holes -

Matthew 25: 40-46

40 And the king will say to them in reply, ‘Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.’
41 Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you accursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink,
43 a stranger and you gave me no welcome, naked and you gave me no clothing, ill and in prison, and you did not care for me.
44 Then they will answer and say, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or ill or in prison, and not minister to your needs?’
45 He will answer them, ‘Amen, I say to you, what you did not do for one of these least ones, you did not do for me.’
46 And these will go off to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

If your God is real, and your God is telling you "how you treat the lowest among you is how you treat me", boy oh fucking boy - I cannot WAIT to see what Big J has got cooking up for you in the afterlife.
Indeed, for it is written

The greatest among you will be your servant.

For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are.

"Woe to you, blind guides! You say, `If anyone swears by the temple, it means nothing; but if anyone swears by the gold of the temple, he is bound by his oath.'

You blind fools! Which is greater: the gold, or the temple that makes the gold sacred?

You also say, `If anyone swears by the altar, it means nothing; but if anyone swears by the gift on it, he is bound by his oath.

'You blind men! Which is greater: the gift, or the altar that makes the gift sacred?

Therefore, he who swears by the altar swears by it and by everything on it.

And he who swears by the temple swears by it and by the one who dwells in it.

And he who swears by heaven swears by God's throne and by the one who sits on it.

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cummin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.

You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence.

Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean.

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean.

In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous.

And you say, `If we had lived in the days of our forefathers, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.

'So you testify against yourselves that you are the descendants of those who murdered the prophets.

Fill up, then, the measure of the sin of your forefathers!

"You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?

Therefore I am sending you prophets and wise men and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town.

And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar.

That's fucked up. Hopefully those who neglected his health and safety are punished accordingly.

Maybe the punishment should be that they take over his old cell?
I like where your head is at. Treat others how you'd like to be treated.

Back