NHL 23: Broken Sternums and Broken Dreams

I don’t know if Edmonton was really good or Vancouver was really bad. A little of both I guess.

I thought it was largely just Edmonton converting more of their opportunities. And Vancouver not converting nearly every single one of their's (although they didn't have many). Edmonton has been the better team by quite a bit in all of their home games. Just had bad goaltending and hit like 4 posts in game 3. I think they win that game 9 times out of 10 and it's too bad Vancouver managed to steal it. Because otherwise this would be over 4-2.

Now they have to try to close it out in Vancouver where they haven't played nearly as well. I just hope Tocchet doesn't berate his team to the press again. That seemed to really work last time.

Reactions: PND
I thought it was largely just Edmonton converting more of their opportunities. And Vancouver not converting nearly every single one of their's (although they didn't have many). Edmonton has been the better team by quite a bit in all of their home games. Just had bad goaltending and hit like 4 posts in game 3. I think they win that game 9 times out of 10 and it's too bad Vancouver managed to steal it. Because otherwise this would be over 4-2.

Now they have to try to close it out in Vancouver where they haven't played nearly as well. I just hope Tocchet doesn't berate his team to the press again. That seemed to really work last time.
They did outplay Vancouver for most of game 1 before collapsing and they won game 2 but it was a struggle so they have played decent in Vancouver. Game 5 was terrible, especially the second period but they were in it until the last minute.

MacKinnon definitely turns it up a notch in the playoffs, although you'll still see similar play from him throughout the regular season. We get a little too caught up in pucks going in and assists being tallied rather than just absorbing the play on the ice. I have more fun watching MacKinnon than anybody else. He has a different kind of aggression that you just don't see.

I feel like McDavid goes completely missing in the playoffs in a couple of games every series. Maybe it's just me, but my takeaway from McDavid never reaching the finals (besides awful goaltending) is his lack of intensity come playoff time. You never really see him turn it up a notch, but maybe he's just always consistently playing to his full potential.

I don't think intensity is a part of McDavid's game like it is MacKinnon's. He's not going to come out hitting everything that moves like MacKinnon. It's just not his game and if he did, I think it would take away from what he does great.

I don't think intensity is a part of McDavid's game like it is MacKinnon's. He's not going to come out hitting everything that moves like MacKinnon. It's just not his game and if he did, I think it would take away from what he does great.
Exactly. They're two very different players but equally skilled.

Canucks' Brock Boeser expected to miss Game 7 with blood clotting issue​

ouch. we're down our vezina finalist goalie and the brockstar. i'm not liking this at all.

Exactly. They're two very different players but equally skilled.

I don't know equally skilled, I think they bring different things to the table and have different ways for getting to similar results. Maybe I'm just being a bit pedantic but I think McDavid is more skilled. He just makes things look easy, which at times is to his detriment because it looks like he doesn't care. MacKinnon with his stride and movement just looks like he's trying harder and going faster and also looks like he's making more moves to beat opponents 1 on 1.

Personally, I like MacKinnon more because of the way he skates it gives the rest of us plebs hope that if we tried hard enough, maybe just like maybe we can all be like Nate MacKinnon. McJesus doing super human things without looking like he's not trying, yeah we got no shot at that

Canucks' Brock Boeser expected to miss Game 7 with blood clotting issue​

ouch. we're down our vezina finalist goalie and the brockstar. i'm not liking this at all.
Damn, I hope he can recover. My dad passed away two and a half years ago from blood clots. Scary shit.

Stars are winning the league
100 % , Hopefully Johnston keeps his form up

1457975259-armwrestle.gif

Back