No Spoilers Official Diablo IV Discussion

What char class are you (or planning on) maining?

• Total voters
Just my fucking luck.. Got a busy weekend and i can't try it.. o well. i shall read your reviews...

If they are willing to charge more money for players to get the advantage of playing 4 days early then I would be surprised if they don't incorporate any other forms of P2W.

If they are willing to charge more money for players to get the advantage of playing 4 days early then I would be surprised if they don't incorporate any other forms of P2W.

apparently the season wont be starting until launch day so it should be fair in that regards.

If they ever do that, then maybe such a criticism would be valid. Until they do, it isn't.

But I'm in this weekend. Knew a couple people in the closed beta and it was unanimous praise. Every streamer I've seen has similar sentiments, and the only big, consistent criticism seems to be "But Immortal, tho". If they ever implement predatory monetary schemes then by all means they deserve whatever criticism they get. Until then, all I've seen is efforts to avoid it. Time will tell but I feel like they learned a lesson from some of their past mistakes, even if I think sometimes people overblow them.

Looks incredible but I'm still not gonna preorder

End game was/is pretty bleh, and involves too much travelling.

I’m not too big on the Diablo lore. I played and beat D3 and once I got a certain weapon or artifact, I was blowing through everything. I was told after I beat the game I “didn’t really beat the game” because you have to play it X amount of times with difficulty being ramped to know you really beat it.

I generally play games once and that’s that. Will Diablo 4 be similar? Do you need to beat the game multiple times to get the best experience?

That said, Rogue and Druid are on the top of the list.

I’m not too big on the Diablo lore. I played and beat D3 and once I got a certain weapon or artifact, I was blowing through everything. I was told after I beat the game I “didn’t really beat the game” because you have to play it X amount of times with difficulty being ramped to know you really beat it.

I generally play games once and that’s that. Will Diablo 4 be similar? Do you need to beat the game multiple times to get the best experience?

That said, Rogue and Druid are on the top of the list.
Hopefully it will be more like D2 where it is challenging right away. I don't really care to play through these games over and over just to get to the point where it's challenging either. My first playthrough of D3 was incredibly easy and I just didn't card for the style. D2 is a far better game.

I.camt.for.the world.of.me.figure out how to download the beta on my PS5. I search for it and nothing comes up.

I already bought the ultimate edition so ill be playing this weekend

I think with Diablo(and dungeon crawlers in general), that's always been the case. They're meant to be played a million times over. At the end of the day, they're all about grinding, farming for loot and forever tinkering with builds. The campaigns are basically tutorials.

Hopefully it will be more like D2 where it is challenging right away. I don't really care to play through these games over and over just to get to the point where it's challenging either. My first playthrough of D3 was incredibly easy and I just didn't card for the style. D2 is a far better game.

Thanks. Glad other people are on the same page. I know they'll be adding new stuff which is cool and levels seem to be auto generated which could be another plus. But like you, and since my time is limited, I like to have new experiences and don't wish to play this forever just to find the challenge.

Thanks. Glad other people are on the same page. I know they'll be adding new stuff which is cool and levels seem to be auto generated which could be another plus. But like you, and since my time is limited, I like to have new experiences and don't wish to play this forever just to find the challenge.

The road map from the devs is that they'll be constantly releasing new content as opposed to replaying the same content for "seasons". That's the stated goal anyway. So every few months they'll maybe add a new area and quests, etc as opposed to seasonal challenges.

I think with Diablo(and dungeon crawlers in general), that's always been the case. They're meant to be played a million times over. At the end of the day, they're all about grinding, farming for loot and forever tinkering with builds. The campaigns are basically tutorials.

This is a good point and something I forgot to consider. Dungeon crawlers are generally made for players to sink hours and hours.

Back