Multiplatform Official Dragon's Dogma 2 Discussion

Has anyone noticed the other parties of four walking around? Wondering if they supposed to be other Arisen or are involved in any quests.
I don't think the lore allows for another true Arisen so if you mean the four-man parties trailside and such (usually near campsites), I've seen them and in passing love the adventurer-to-adventurer camaraderie but find them too easy an aggro when (almost always) ambushed nearby. Related, this entire game seems ripe for a rift hub to party up with other Arisens.

Warrior is a class I found surprisingly deep or adaptable where I'd presumed it at first hammer-go-boink straightforward.

A class that makes little sense in this is Trickster, though.

If we had RL co-op and not pawn co-op, I would see class viability in that. As a role categorically without DMG output, you're as is relying on pawn AI to synergise your entire kit with. Not happening.

Meme moments aside, pawn AI has been great in this for me but nowhere near the level needed to get everything out of how trickster was designed to play. His smoke wall conjure is awesome, for example, but even pawn commands don't see such a simple skill's potential met.

Oversight, IMO, to have this class in the game as is.

Currently running Mystic Spearhead but haven't an opinion on it just yet. I've missed my early-game archer ever since leaving it though.

I'm running Mystic Spearhand too and like you I'm missing my archer. I have a cool burning duo-spear, but haven't really figured out how to do most of the stuff that makes Spearhand Jedi-like.

Trickster just doesn't appeal to me or my style of play. Same way with the magic classes. For Trickster you would really have to deep dive into which pawns you hire, which can take quite a while (I do that anyways) and then you only get them for a limited time unless you don't care if they stay around the same level.

I may switch back to Archer for a while just to see how good the new bows I got are.

Still having a blast. Around 50h in.

Slew my first dragon a few sessions ago.

Survived by the skin of my teeth and in the process blew through most healing items. I learnt a lot but hadn't a strategy, which I paid for dearly over the 25-minute battle. Will be smarter next time. Kicker was I couldn't retreat because I honestly had nowhere to retreat to; stuck atop this mountain without a camping kit, it was fight or die.

Had to forfeit my main pawn and another pawn-for-hire en route to the dragon's keep so I went in with a half party. Preceding road was mob after mob and I was overwhelmed from being put unconscious ad nauseam. I'm exhausted even thinking about it right now, ha.
I LOVE how the big fights, and even some of the smaller ones can take 20+ minutes to resolve. It gives the combat some weight to it.

I'm at around 75hrs in and I still haven't even attempted to get into the desert area.

Returning the favor for when blase put the augment Subtlety on my radar, consider something from the Trickster class called Enlightenment.

It's a chance for duplicates when alchemically combining items. Thing is, I get duplicates all the time and it rocks, especially for lesser found items or salves/elixirs you need in abundance like quenching syrup when dancing with drakes.

/Arisen out

Sunday I ran into a Drake. Got abused by the Drake. Couldn't even run away from the bastard.

I DID however end up in a place you can't see on the map because of some sweet Parkour moves (blind fucking luck). Had a beach with a ton of lizards hanging out, but half my party couldn't get to where I was so I didn't chance the battle.

I think the Drake is hiding the entrance to the cave where the lizards end up.

I'm waiting until it goes on sale as the Taxman reaped this year. :( But, I've been playing my copy of DD1 and I've been playing my Strider character.

Haha seriously I don't know what's going on with Taxes but I've owed like every year for the past 3 years or so. I finally gave up trying to do my w-4 correctly and just changed it to take out an extra $150 every paycheck and be done with this craziness.

Anyways love the reception this game is getting and I'm going to pick it up eventually. Just spending so much money right now with an EU trip coming up and some other things that came up.

Haha seriously I don't know what's going on with Taxes but I've owed like every year for the past 3 years or so. I finally gave up trying to do my w-4 correctly and just changed it to take out an extra $150 every paycheck and be done with this craziness.

Anyways love the reception this game is getting and I'm going to pick it up eventually. Just spending so much money right now with an EU trip coming up and some other things that came up.

My wife is at her brother's in Zurich right now. Her mom is getting up there in years and she really wanted to be there for Mother's day.

I told her since she'll be in Zurich, to bring me back some gold. <lol>

My wife is at her brother's in Zurich right now. Her mom is getting up there in years and she really wanted to be there for Mother's day.

I told her since she'll be in Zurich, to bring me back some gold. <lol>
Mrs Strych: But I did nazi any gold, sugarplum.

Strych:

200w.gif

Your pawn needs to lose some of that weight.
He's on a steady diet of camping equipment, mined crafting ore, and weapon alts after my Medusan Spellbow took me down to craptown with its flooring 15kg weight.

He's on a steady diet of camping equipment, mined crafting ore, and weapon alts after my Medusan Spellbow took me down to craptown with its flooring 15kg weight.
Spread the ore and any weapons or craftables to other pawns. Even if they die or you release them in the wild everything they are carrying will just go into your chest at the inn or your home.

My gameplan when it comes to plunder and the other stuff is:
Main Pawn: Big cat who can carry heavy shit - heavier camping kit, most weapons and armor, all meats, any heavy ores, and then bigger items (cyclopes eyes, ogre horns, etc). Also some healing potions and meals.
Wizard - lighter components like fruits, potions I won't be using, any tomes, weeds and the like.
Archers/Thieves - lighter bones, feathers, sticks, and any skin.
Me - Lighter camping kit, rings, gems, dried meats, curatives.

I try hard to keep everyone in the low average range for stuff. Everyone carries 1 or 2 extra lamp oil, with my main character carrying the rest (running out of light at night is a major hell no).

I do have the extra camping kit in case one gets destroyed (that'll ruin your damn night) or if my pawn dies. I learned this the hard way (may or may not have taken multiple lessons).

The one thing I know I carry too much of is healing potions and those meals you can make that restore health. But I rather carry the extra weight than need to heal and can't.

Speaking of meals (which I too am guilty of pack-ratting), is anyone else gobsmacked every time you cook meat over the campfire? Those graphics in close-up of the food leap right off the screen; haven’t seen too many games pull that off.

Beat the game last night.

Absolutely fabulous. Final battle was a long one.

I was sad I'd gotten roped into finishing the main story because it tunnels you in sooner than you think and then haven't a choice (and you can't scum unless you want to reset your savefile to last inn stay). Bah.

There's an ominous transition to end-game from what I saw before saving and going to bed so I'm excited to venture on and see what the post-story world throws at me.

If I could change one thing, it'd be how we get from point A to B. And I have two suggestions for Capcom to the end.

One is remove stam penalty when outside combat. This would open up freeroam sprint in a world already without fast-travel. The devs quoted desire for players to 'experience the world' isn't lessened by 1.5x walk speed. No big. Make it happen. Seriously.

Two is an idea I had a week ago while lost along a thin mountain trail at night and waterfall spray kept extinguishing my lantern. Write into lore a stone that loses and regains power, temporarily holding charges in other words. I can imagine it penned a 'lunastone' or some such (arbitrary name I came up with) that charges over nighttime under moonglow. The idea is the lunastone allows for warp across great distances but only twice every 24h per game clock and during daytime. Like the stam penalty removal outside combat, this suggestion also leaves world immersion intact.

Well, I just blew 80K in gold last night in DD1.

I ran into a wealthy landowner who wanted to evict a family off of his land. He didn't want to get his hands dirty, so I got roped into it. I talked to their kid (had to chase that b@stard all over creation to literally catch him), then talked to his mom (she said she needed more time to think), I asked the dad and he said "I'm not gonna talk until I 'ere frum me Whife!"

I went back to the mom, and she still said she needed more time. I went back to the rich guy, and he offered to sell the land to me for 80 grand and he'd be done with it. So, I paid the money, finished the quest and the family disappeared.

Not even a thank you. :mad:

Back