• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Spoilers Official Lords of the Fallen 2023 Disc [PS/PC/Xbox]

Awesome everything with (admittedly super fun) playthrough randomisers but I wish this stuff came out closer to launch, TBH. After grinding (super not fun) launch-state NG cycles for the Platinum, I would only return for an expansion proper and I heard work on the sequel has already begun for HexWorks with a tentative launch date of 2026.

Updates like this make me want never to buy new games but wait rather, which I'm sure isn't their intended effect but now I'll never get to play any of above because the game's been out for 7 bleeding months! Derp. Release this stuff around launch, FFS.

Awesome everything with (admittedly super fun) playthrough randomisers but I wish this stuff came out closer to launch, TBH. After grinding (super not fun) launch-state NG cycles for the Platinum, I would only return for an expansion proper and I heard work on the sequel has already begun for HexWorks with a tentative launch date of 2026.

Updates like this make me want never to buy new games but wait rather, which I'm sure isn't their intended effect but now I'll never get to play any of above because the game's been out for 7 bleeding months! Derp. Release this stuff around launch, FFS.
Not saying I disagree but there’s reasons devs do this. One is to keep people talking about the game and increase sales. If a game doesn’t receive updates it doesn’t stay in the news cycle anymore. Second, they have no idea how the game is going to sell so sometimes plans like that are kind of wait and see depending on how much money they get back. There’s definitely some scummy devs out there but maybe I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt since they seem sincere. I haven’t played this yet. It’s the one game from 2023 that I never got around to so this is good news for me

Not saying I disagree but there’s reasons devs do this. One is to keep people talking about the game and increase sales. If a game doesn’t receive updates it doesn’t stay in the news cycle anymore. Second, they have no idea how the game is going to sell so sometimes plans like that are kind of wait and see depending on how much money they get back. There’s definitely some scummy devs out there but maybe I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt since they seem sincere. I haven’t played this yet. It’s the one game from 2023 that I never got around to so this is good news for me
The game was my 2023 GOTY. It’s fantastic and I can’t recommend it enough – especially after the lock-on tracking was fixed.

And I agree but to add, what I mean to say in other words is if you’re going to have a bigger update at the end of Y1 to keep a game at fore of both player mind and news cycle, it should be expansive content to the benefit of all and not tweaks, QoL stuffs like this because that hurts your early-bird Y1 players, benefiting only later onboarders.

The game was my 2023 GOTY. It’s fantastic and I can’t recommend it enough – especially after the lock-on tracking was fixed.

And I agree but to add, what I mean to say in other words is if you’re going to have a bigger update at the end of Y1 to keep a game at fore of both player mind and news cycle, it should be expansive content to the benefit of all and not tweaks, QoL stuffs like this because that hurts your early-bird Y1 players, benefiting only later onboarders.
I think grinding the plat probably completely killed any urge for you to play the game ever again outside of an expansion lol

Bump for Gamepass.

Not really in the mood for one of these games, but I'll give it a whirl. Heard they've pretty overhauled the original release.

Bump for Gamepass.

Not really in the mood for one of these games, but I'll give it a whirl. Heard they've pretty overhauled the original release.
It's Dark Souls 2 2. Gank enemies and jankyness aside it has its own thing going on and gets way too much hate. I loved it.

It's Dark Souls 2 2. Gank enemies and jankyness aside it has its own thing going on and gets way too much hate. I loved it.
I like Dark Souls 2 quite a bit, so here's hoping. It actually looks really good in the reviews I've been watching. Although, these games are very hard to judge in clips. Seems like quite the polarizing game, but I think most of the big complaints I've heard were from the Day 1 version. Hopefully they've cleaned it all up. Still haven't found that "Souls-like" game that competes with the Fromsoft games. This looks promising at least.

Tried it out for an hour or so. It's interesting. The combat is par for the course, but I like that they didn't try to reinvent the wheel, and just copy and pasted Dark Souls. Feels good and familiar. The one trick it has up it's sleeve is fucking awesome though. I've seen the whole "dual world" thing in some games, like "Bioshock Infinite", but not to this extent, where it appears that they literally created two seamless worlds around the same map that you can freely switch between. That's very impressive stuff.

Other than that, the graphics are very nice and it all feels really good to play. That voice acting could use some work, though. That's the only real "budget" aspect I can find in this supposed AA game. Other than that, this shit don't look and play like a little engine that could game, you'd expect from studios like "Spider" or whatever. This is some pretty polished stuff. If they managed it on a small budget, I'd be quite impressed, but I think they might be playing with some serious resources that might put that "AA" moniker to the test. This does not look or feel cheap in any way.

Gonna hop into it proper once I'm either done or bored with "Starfield", which I just managed to get into. Want to give it my full attention. I already like it more than "Lies of P".

Tried it out for an hour or so. It's interesting. The combat is par for the course, but I like that they didn't try to reinvent the wheel, and just copy and pasted Dark Souls. Feels good and familiar. The one trick it has up it's sleeve is fucking awesome though. I've seen the whole "dual world" thing in some games, like "Bioshock Infinite", but not to this extent, where it appears that they literally created two seamless worlds around the same map that you can freely switch between. That's very impressive stuff.

Other than that, the graphics are very nice and it all feels really good to play. That voice acting could use some work, though. That's the only real "budget" aspect I can find in this supposed AA game. Other than that, this shit don't look and play like a little engine that could game, you'd expect from studios like "Spider" or whatever. This is some pretty polished stuff. If they managed it on a small budget, I'd be quite impressed, but I think they might be playing with some serious resources that might put that "AA" moniker to the test. This does not look or feel cheap in any way.

Gonna hop into it proper once I'm either done or bored with "Starfield", which I just managed to get into. Want to give it my full attention. I already like it more than "Lies of P".
I got into this before my main pc ran into a bunch of issue. I had to use my laptop for a few months, which isn't as good, and I couldn't get it to run well enough.

It def gives me Dark Souls 2 vibes, a game I love as much as any other Souls game. Like you said, it emulates Souls combat very well but has its own thing with the two worlds. It also has gorgeous graphics, excellent level design, interesting lore and tons of rewarding exploration. I couldn't get into Lies of P because it's so linear. It always makes me feel like I'm in a game rather than a new world.

I'll get back to it eventually.

I'll say it again: This was my 2023 GOTY. All new heretics of Adyr welcome. In inheriting your lamps, make Mournstead great again.

Game is awesomeness after they reworked the lock-on mechanic, lowered enemy density, and nerfed crossbowmen ROF (this used to be Shrine of Amana on steroids levels of bad). Platinum trophy was hell and looking back – 100 worth it.

The 2026 sequel already underway at Hexworks is a preorder for me in support; been a long-time fan of CI Games and so happy to see how far they've come.

All well and good but will it still randomly delete my save file and there is no back up?

Because after getting 20 hours in 2 fucking times and having my save "corrupted" due to a in game crash........Im hesitant to start again.

Reactions: hsz

What class did you pick?

I'll say it again: This was my 2023 GOTY. All new heretics of Adyr welcome. In inheriting your lamps, make Mournstead great again.

Game is awesomeness after they reworked the lock-on mechanic, lowered enemy density, and nerfed crossbowmen ROF (this used to be Shrine of Amana on steroids levels of bad). Platinum trophy was hell and looking back – 100 worth it.

The 2026 sequel already underway at Hexworks is a preorder for me in support; been a long-time fan of CI Games and so happy to see how far they've come.

Great endorsement, happy to see this since I've just bought it, was like £20 on Amazon, gonna start it tonight.

It's a lot of fun. I binged the shit out of it and got all 3 endings. Did not soldier on for the plat though.

Yeah I'm enjoying it, it's less janky than I was expecting which was a nice suprise, the platforming is a bit iffy though. I also like the 2 worlds mechanic it's well integrated.

Beat a couple of bosses, the woman that becomes an ally was a good fight.

Started off with the spear infantry class but the move set was boring so I've switched to an axe, feels a lot better.

Yeah I'm enjoying it, it's less janky than I was expecting which was a nice suprise, the platforming is a bit iffy though. I also like the 2 worlds mechanic it's well integrated.

Beat a couple of bosses, the woman that becomes an ally was a good fight.

Started off with the spear infantry class but the move set was boring so I've switched to an axe, feels a lot better.
lol at launch the platforming was ridiculous. The roll was so long you'd just fall off no matter what you did.

Back