RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Inoue vs Nery Discussion 5/6 6AM ET (ESPN+)

no....? he was a smaller guy who started at 108 and then has built himself up into the weight class he's in now. his body may be nearing its physical limitations when we talk about 130-135 pounds. but 122 is NOT his natural weight class. no such thing as a "weight bully" anyway - if you make the weight, you can fight at the weight.

and this is the same cope every time. Inoue became undisputed at 118 and people said he beat no one, even though Donaire was in the midst of a career resurgence. Inoue became undisputed at 122 and people immediately tried to discredit it when they were hyping up Fulton previously. he's never gonna get respect by some fans and theyre all overdosing on copium.
Rigo is 1.5 inches smaller and started his career at 122.

and your point is? Rigo hasn't done near enough in his pro career to be considered better than Inoue.
height also doesnt mean bigger. look at Sebastian Fundora, dude is super tall but lanky.
I think he's saying that even though Rigo is smaller he started higher than Inoue. You know, cuz the latter is such a weight bully.

It’s weird to me hearing any regular on this forum discrediting Inoue, other places I can see it, but here?
People who watch the sport acknowledge he's P4P, but he's NOT P4P 1. You may think it doesn't matter, but it does. Being the 3rd best P4P and being no.1 P4P is a massive deal. No.1 means you're unequivocally the best fighter on the planet. Inoue is NOT P4P no.1.

Well timing was amazing landed in Dallas in time to see round 6th. Nice.

and your point is? Rigo hasn't done near enough in his pro career to be considered better than Inoue.
height also doesnt mean bigger. look at Sebastian Fundora, dude is super tall but lanky.
Well, he only needed one shot at Donaire and did so convincingly. He also did it during Donaire's peak.

Well, he only needed one shot at Donaire and did so convincingly. He also did it during Donaire's peak.
he also got knocked down by Donaire, something that didnt happen to Inoue.
Rigo's also been a victim of his own style. that Casimero fight was one of the most dull i have ever seen.

People who watch the sport acknowledge he's P4P, but he's NOT P4P 1. You may think it doesn't matter, but it does. Being the 3rd best P4P and being no.1 P4P is a massive deal. No.1 means you're unequivocally the best fighter on the planet. Inoue is NOT P4P no.1.
did you stomp your feet and purse your lips when you typed that out? it sounds like a child throwing a tantrum.

I seem to remember Floyd almost getting knocked out by Mosley and that didn’t mean he wasn’t 1 p4p anymore.

You guys seem to forget this also

Or canelo being rocked by cotto’s brother only to never be rocked again by stronger fighters

In summary… shit happens, great fighters adapt and inoue was overeager in the first round, paid the price, fixed it and got the KO like we all expected he would

To me it’s inoue 1, crawford 2 and Usyk 3. But if Usyk wins against fury he jumps to 1 because that accomplishment coming from cruiser would be bananas

why is this his natural weight class? has he ever missed weight?

what the fuck is weight bullying anyway?! he makes weight every time, and knocks people dead. and when he does it enough in a weight class, he moves up and does it there, too. he's 5 divisions higher than he started off, and every time he's moved up dipshits claimed this was finally a true test for him... and then he knocked everyone out and those same dipshits claimed he wasn't being challenged. but surely he will be when he moves up again!

160 was Duran’s natural weight class, 168 was Leonard’s, 175 was Hearns’s, 160 was DLH’s, 154 was Pacquiao’s, etc.

Last edited:
Back on topic, what we need is Naoya’s waiting for Nakatani at 122. Now that would be sheer awesomeness.

Anyways, I have Crawford as No. 1 because yeah his hit list is better and his complete destruction of Spence still sticks with me. That said I like Innoue at no. 2 (Slanted Eye haters be damned) credit to Neery getting that KD , but Inoue responded the way he should have. Can't wait to watch the whole thing later. Still in transit right now..
Inoue and Crawford both fought last July and there was some debate then on who should be higher. But since then Inoue has fought and KO'd 2 top level guys while Crawford hasn't fought at all. For me there is no way Inoue doesnt pass him by at least for actually being active.

Back