RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Navarette vs. Berinchyk Discussion 5/18 9PM ET ESPN / ESPN+

Navarrete looks like the Mexican dude I got high with in the parking lot before the fights.

….wait wut?
{<hhh]
Explains a lot.

I don't want anyone to lose their jobs, but man is the ESPN booth absolutely worthless outside of Osuna, who's actually really good at his job, but they rarely feature him unless the other guys refuse to fly somewhere.

Well.... Navarette is fighting a couple of weight classes above ideal... he's attempting to win a title in a 4th weight division. You can see he's tubby at the weight, and he doesn't have the crushing power (relatively) that he had in those lower weight classes. That said, that power hides a multitude of sins that he was able to get away with at lower weight. he telegraphs so much of what he does that a guy with good footwork and handspeed is a problem.

Berinchyk is feather fisted, but is so fucking awkward he's hard to hit cleanly if you are Navarette. Dude is like jazz. ..and not the smooth type.

I would put this at UFC level, but it's two fighters that absolutely do not mesh up to make a pleasing fight.
“Not the smooth type “. Haha

Hopefully this is a draw. Neither guy deserves a belt for that performance.

Damn, really let down by Navarette. He looked lackluster against Canceicao and looked terrible here.

All the top guys will be clamoring for a fight with the winner here.

Back